Cost of new TTA interior

Turbo-T Wannbe

Looking to pick up a TTA and came across one with 30K that was stolen and the interior was yanked. Dash and steering still in tact, but everything else was taken. Carpet, seats, console headliner, door panels, sail panels, etc. The question is, how hard would it be to find all of these, and would it be worth it? Drivetrain is stock and complete, paint needs about $500 worth of work, + $???? for interior. I think I could get it for about $6500.

Think it's worth the hastle?

Do you want everything to look original? You can get everything out of a GTA that came with the camel color interior.

The hardest thing to find is going to be the High back seats, which only came on Notchback 88-89 GTA's and TTA's. U might be able to find them on ebay, but they are going to cost a pretty penny.

U could also get newer style Firebird/TA seats off ebay and they will bolt in. Or you could always find a set of GTA seats, most likely wth the bolster ripped and get seatcovers from Jax seatcovers that are $800.00 or the genuine GM originals from www.carmotorsports.com

U might also want to look and see if it has all the emblems, those get expensive. But they make Repro emblems at car motorsports.

I'd say after you get all the interior peices and the paint redone, you will be in the car for close to 10 grand.

U might just want to find a decent TTA to start with, and not have to worry about all the hassle of finding parts etc.

Or you could buy the 6500 dollar TTA and make it in to a racecar, u already have the interior gone ;)

There have been alot of nice TTA's on ebay and in the classified section.

Good luck!

~Murt

Yeah, I'd like to make it look original. I figured it would add up in a hurry. Maybe I'll pass and keep looking. Thanks for the info though.

Just FYI my TTA had the rear seats replaced (they were taken) and believe the previous owner paid $800 JUST FOR the Leather rear seat tops brand new (they were NOS). and that was a deal he got...

Good luck finding them though besides 1555 TTA's the only other place they came was in 697 Notchback GTA's. The front seats are rare too (theres different shades, you need Medium Beechwood which was only available after 88) but a lot more common than the rears.