Cost from JFK to city??

HEATSEEKER

Member!
Hello!

I am woundering if someone know what the approx cost with taxi is from JFK Airport to city in New york??
I don´t know what the city is in New york, maybe central park? :redface:

Thanks! Jakob

Dude-
Check this out- Taxicab Rate of Fare - NYC Taxi & Limousine Commission
About $50 without tolls. I personally like LaGuardia way better.

Of course this is a yellow taxi only. A Town car will be more.

Just a little tid bit of info, NYC is Manhattan only if you live in any of the boroughs, which you obviously don't. NYC includes Queens, Brooklyn, The Bronx , Manhattan and Staten Island if you do not live there.

Dude-
Check this out- Taxicab Rate of Fare - NYC Taxi & Limousine Commission
About $50 without tolls. I personally like LaGuardia way better.

Of course this is a yellow taxi only. A Town car will be more.

Just a little tid bit of info, NYC is Manhattan only if you live in any of the boroughs, which you obviously don't. NYC includes Queens, Brooklyn, The Bronx , Manhattan and Staten Island if you do not live there.

Okej, thanks for the info! :)

Is there any convenient alternative to go to City?
Buss, train maybe? Or do i need to change buss/train several times?

From JFK you can take the Air Train. I think it's $5 to Jamaica station, then take the LIRR train to Manhattan. Or you could take the airtrain to a NYC subway station which would work out even cheaper overall. Either should be much cheaper than the taxi option.

Convenient and least stressful is a taxi. Pay the extra $$ and take it. Subway is $2.25/person and Air tram is $5/person.Then you have to buy a LIRR ticket. For about an extra $25-30 I would rather be in a private cab not around ANY train in Jamaica. If your dress code is any indication of your English you will stick out like a sore thumb and have "Take advantage of me" basically tattooed on your forehead. Plus you will be carring big luggage around with you which will make you look like a sore thumb. Take the cab to the city and be with all the other foreigners:biggrin: Manhattan is very tourist friendly. Most of it.

If you really are trying to save every dollar and you live a very adventurous life than forget my advice. :tongue:

Besides $1 of your money is probably worth $20 of ours:)

Convenient and least stressful is a taxi. Pay the extra $$ and take it. Subway is $2.25/person and Air tram is $5/person.Then you have to buy a LIRR ticket. For about an extra $25-30 I would rather be in a private cab not around ANY train in Jamaica. If your dress code is any indication of your English you will stick out like a sore thumb and have "Take advantage of me" basically tattooed on your forehead. Plus you will be carring big luggage around with you which will make you look like a sore thumb. Take the cab to the city and be with all the other foreigners:biggrin: Manhattan is very tourist friendly. Most of it.

If you really are trying to save every dollar and you live a very adventurous life than forget my advice. :tongue:

Besides $1 of your money is probably worth $20 of ours:)

Thanks for all replys, helps a lost Swede :tongue:

So it is that bad? :redface:
We don´t have any luggage, leaving all att the airport.
What is this jamaica, special area in NY?
Maybe i will take the taxi, don´t whant to risk my life.... :frown:

Here in Sweden, Stockholm airport we have one special fast train from the airport to the city, no stops.
But New york is soo much bigger then Stockholm :D

Jamaica station is a large hub for the LIRR (Long Island Railroad). I don't think you have to worry too much about your safety there. Just be careful and vigilant as you would be in any other city that is foreign to you. If you don't want to worry about that or which train you need, etc, then the taxi is the easiest way. They line up right outside of the airport terminals and it's very convenient. Just ask the price before they drive off.

Thetes actually a bus that leaves you in midtown 41-42 street. Walk to 5th ave and walk uptown/against traffic. 5th ave is 2 avenues west of park whr the bus leaves you. Walking up 5th ave you will see all the tourist stores barney etc. You will be walking approx a mile to about central park which starts on 59 n 5th theres actually a nice pond there and the zoo is not too far. I grew up on the upper east side and work midtown. Any other ques jus email me buickintheblood@gmail.com. writing something w tb.com in subject. Welcome and enjoy.. its just a dirty place:biggrin: