Corvette took it well

jcawley3

I must admit I started it..... saw a newer bright yellow vette up ahead of me so I sped up a bit and got beside him.....paced him for about 1/4 mile, then he noticed me and rev'ed it a few times then took off...I did nothing....we where going 60 mph+....he slowed I put my hand out the window and gave the slow down sign...we got to about 10mph on the parkway and he took off and I as well...I left him like he was sitting still....I'm thinking wow he must of f'ed something up.. (I must admit I was a little worried about this match up) he came back for another try......we slowed to about 20mph I let him go first....I brake boosted the car a little and left it was just as bad if not worse than the first time.......at the end of the parkway he pulled up and said " I love your car, I just sprayed you with 100 shot and you walked away"....now either my car is faster than I thought or his car is broke...either way I can't get the smile off my face

so.......I get home and tell my GF....big mistake....she gets pissed, says I'm gonna kill myself and leaves!!!....so I went back out! ..........I love my Buick!

He might have been fishing you, depends thou, ive seen some new vettes running low 12s but then again, you could still have him covered.

Glad to see you gave him a ass whoopin, i bet he knew exactly what he was getting into when he saw you.

BW

very nice! what year vette was it? was it the c5 with the flip-up headlights, or the new c6 with the bug-eye lenses? Either way I believe it, with your setup... a 6162 BB with alky can make for a very quick buick!

very nice! what year vette was it? was it the c5 with the flip-up headlights, or the new c6 with the bug-eye lenses? Either way I believe it, with your setup... a 6162 BB with alky can make for a very quick buick!

it was one of the newer ones with the v looking back end.......he was really cool....talked at two redlights.....he was impressed with the buick...as was I....told me he ran 12.0 at the track last weekend.....I told him I didn't know what mine ran

That's damn good - I don't believe he wasn't trying, especially on the 2nd run, and to admit he squeezed you as well? Good races...

Jim

Yeah sweet, very nice kill!! Especially spraying with a 100 shot. I bet he was impressed with the ole Buicks tail lights!

Nice kill.
My friend with his 03Z06 (procharged on 5psi, heads, cam, de-tuned at 567RWHP) ran a guy he knows from the vegas forums that has same year (heads, cam, and 150 shot) car. For some reason and I don't know much about the juice, his bottle wasn't warm enough even after 30 minutes for him to actually get a full spray run out of it. Who know... It's always a treat when you run into the 1 guy who gets a vette for the performance aspect.. Tough to find them, maybe 1 out of 150.
jc

Good kill anyway. Theres a black 08 that killed a GN that was to be fast around here. Why dont some one post up that race info, so if i run across him i know what to do.

Hey John,

Nice kill. Excellent representation.
However, I think it may be time for a new G/F. :tongue:

Coming south anytime soon?

I'll bet he trades that Vette for a GN or Turbo T. Peeps just never learn.

I've waxed a few C6's and Z0sicks in my Terminator and loved it.

John SWEET I see you have been busy with the buick since the last time I seen you at reyonlds the other year. I know why you had that tiny tent now lol, you were spending all your money on the buick ! Maybe next year I can get off to come to reynolds again, couldn't make it this year. Daniel Ray

John SWEET I see you have been busy with the buick since the last time I seen you at reyonlds the other year. I know why you had that tiny tent now lol, you were spending all your money on the buick ! Maybe next year I can get off to come to reynolds again, couldn't make it this year. Daniel Ray

I didn't make it either Daniel, Hey I still have that tent...took it on a july 4th trip! you just have to sleep diagonal in it thats all:D

I have an 02 Z06, so I know all about Vettes and what they can do. It is most fun when you spot an older gentleman and his midlife crisis girlfriend in the passenger seat beside him and he wants to run. The last time this happened to me was this summer and it just so happened to be a late model (C6) Vette. I was in my S/C stang though and it was just too much fun making that guy look like a winner in front of his chick.

I dropped it into 3rd going about 50 and he pulled about 1/2 a car past me when I launched like a cannon (gotta love boost!). Guy didn't know what hit him. When he finally got close enough to have a good look at my little notchback, and had the most confused look on his face. Priceless!!!

Didn't mean to jack your thread, just love some of these kill stories and thought I'd share one of my own Yellow Vette kill stories. :cool:

I have an 02 Z06, so I know all about Vettes and what they can do. It is most fun when you spot an older gentleman and his midlife crisis girlfriend in the passenger seat beside him and he wants to run. The last time this happened to me was this summer and it just so happened to be a late model (C6) Vette. I was in my S/C stang though and it was just too much fun making that guy look like a winner in front of his chick.

I dropped it into 3rd going about 50 and he pulled about 1/2 a car past me when I launched like a cannon (gotta love boost!). Guy didn't know what hit him. When he finally got close enough to have a good look at my little notchback, and had the most confused look on his face. Priceless!!!

Didn't mean to jack your thread, just love some of these kill stories and thought I'd share one of my own Yellow Vette kill stories. :cool:

Nice.... yeah something about "most" vette owners.....I love the look of disbelief on there face.

I would expect a win against a 12.0 car with your mods, but I'm surprised that you beat him that bad especially since it's a Corvette from a roll. Good kill though.

not sure carlo......still have not got it to the track since the new upgrades.........It better.