Correct psi for rear air bag suspension ??

R

ROCK-N-RHONDA

I have an '84 WH1 T-Type that has the rear air bag suspension set up on it.

I was wondering what is the correct psi for a daily driver with 235/60/15 BFG T/A's on it?

It also has posi, if that makes a difference.

Thanks in Advance

Rhonda, I usually leave the air out of my airbags on the street. But I have also seen that people leave 5psi in each for street driving?? I just dont like leaving air in them for driving around town because it raises the rear of the car up a bit, which I dont like. Its up to you, Ive left the air out of my airbags for a while now with no problems.

ROCK-N-RHONDA

I've heard to start with 6 psi in the left and 9-11 in the right. On the race track they'll help to give you a more even weight transfer to the rear tires especially on sticky ones. For on the street they keep the back of the car from leaning as much. On these cars thats a good reason in it self to get them. I've had mine on for three months now and I love em. Hav'nt got to the track with them yet though. Good luck!:)

I just ran the eighth with 6#DS/12#PS. Still inflated and did notice it helped with leaning on the street like was mentioned before. So I would say 5 lbs in each would be ok. Thought I read once that you leave some air in them at all times. My GN doesn't have air bags yet, so you can see the 60' difference.

At the track I run 30 in the right and about 15 in the left. I keep 3-4 psi in each one for street driving.

Sully