Correct Part Numbers for Weatherstripping

Hognose

I found these part numbers for OEM weatherstripping on another thread. I just want to be sure that they are correct for what I am looking for.

Window; Attaches to body of car that the window seals against.
R-20674282, L-20674283

Door; Attaches to door(runns around the entire door)
L-20211180, R-20211821

I do not want to use aftermarket seals at all. Any help would be great. Thanks

Matthew

Yep, those are the correct numbers. Those belt moldings or window seals are the black ones for a GN or WE4. If you have a Limited or the chrome ones let me know and I'll post those numbers for you.

R-20674282, L-20674283
are for the outer black s/ strips that attach at the top of the door , as you discribe them you seem to want the roofrail weather that seals against at the top and sides of the door glass and attaches to the body.

if you have a hard top i think you want these
20154105 -R 2015406 -L
hard top roof rail weatherstrip (not listed , either # was changed or they are discontinued

L-20211180, R-20211821
these are the troof roof seals that go along the door glass sides and up over the roof and not the door seal that runs along the bottom and sides

i think you want these 20201220 R 20201221 L
the long seals for the door that run down each side and along the bottom

20217186 -R 20217187 L
troof panel weather strips

Originally posted by pacecarta
R-20674282, L-20674283
are for the outer black s/ strips that attach at the top of the door , as you discribe them you seem to want the roofrail weather that seals against at the top and sides of the door glass and attaches to the body.

if you have a hard top i think you want these
20154105 -R 2015406 -L
hard top roof rail weatherstrip (not listed , either # was changed or they are discontinued

L-20211180, R-20211821
these are the troof roof seals that go along the door glass sides and up over the roof and not the door seal that runs along the bottom and sides

i think you want these 20201220 R 20201221 L
the long seals for the door that run down each side and along the bottom

20217186 -R 20217187 L
troof panel weather strips

Thank you, yes I am looking for the seal that the window rest against. Are you saying they are discontinued?

i punched those #s in at gmpartsdirect and got nothing ,they may be disc. or just have a superceded part # , dont know for sure , you may want to try a local GM dealer to find out ,doesnt have to be a buick dealer , olds ,cutlass and monte used the same weatherstrips for doors and roof

they are listed in kirbans ,but not cheap
his catalog #6901 for the hard top roof rail seals at 299 for the pair

Good GM Part Numbers

Sorry about that, I saw door where you said body.

Here are the correct part numbers for the body weatherstrips.

Door bottoms: RH-20201220 LH-20201221
Roof rail W.ST solid roof: RH-20737658 lh-20737659

Paul had it right, he just didn't have the latest part numbers.

FWIW, The lower door weatherstrips are Regal/Cutlass only. You will run into fitment problems if you try to use a MC/GP W/ST there. I think that is the main problem with the generic aftermarket ones. They are different at the tops where they end at the front A-pillar area. The upper roof rails are the same though.

eric

thanks for the current part #s and the info on the MC difference
ill add them to my book

paul

turbofish38 said:
Yep, those are the correct numbers. Those belt moldings or window seals are the black ones for a GN or WE4. If you have a Limited or the chrome ones let me know and I'll post those numbers for you.

What are the Limited (Chrome) window seal/sweep part numbers, if I may ask....

Also, Is there a way to replace the seal on the inside without replacing the upper door upholstery?

Limited Sealing Strips

Here's the number for the Limited outside sealing strips. These are for the Limiteds with the real wide bright molding on top of the doors.
RH-20674276
LH-20674277

If you have a standard Regal than the original style sealing strip with the chrome molding that is molded on it is discontinued. I use the ones from a Cutlass, which are still available. The only difference between the Buick part and the Olds part is the width of the chrome molding. The Olds ones have a thinner chrome molding.
RH-20674278
LH-20674279

I know of no way to change the inside ones with out removing the trim panel. They are stapled on.

Thanks TurboFish. I actually do need the Limited trim. I have the big trim at the bottom of the doors too. There is no other indication that my car is a Limited. I figure they were just trying to eliminate stock in late 87.

Thanks again!