Correct name for this part .

Buckshot G/N

Anyone know the correct GM name for this where screw driver is pointed. Thanks,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    420.5 KB · Views: 216
Thanks, motor just came on and would not turn off had to disconnect battery. Any suggestions.

Not sure how that would run with key tuned off. Fan for Rad yes but not AC/Heater blower. Has any of the wiring been changed ?

No wiring change all Original. Never did this until Monday... strange, fuse is good , even unplugged the blower relay ???

If the blower relay is unplugged the only other way to get power is via the A/C fuse and blower switch. This also powers the trunk release and IGN 3 ports so if backfed and the blower switch is on low or med. the fan would run.

Bad IGN switch could provide power to circuits, I'd pull the A/C fuse and see if it runs....

Thanks .. I have already unplugged just about every fuse in the fuse box with the engine off ,motor still runs, any other relays that I'm missing that may be tied to H/AC motor. I will check the trunk solenoid since it run of the Ignition switch.

Actually after looking at the diagram again it can't run at all with the blower relay unplugged.

Only way it could run is if the purple wire which is the + of the blower motor was somehow shorted to either the fat red always on +12 wire, or the orange or dark blue wires with other fuse ign. switch, blower switch issues.

You sure you unplugged it and it ran?

The purple wire off the blower relay connector is the fan +12 fan motor connection start there.

Check to see the fat red wire isn't somehow melted into the purple motor wire that would make it run, trace it through the harness as far as you can.

Actually after looking at the diagram again it can't run at all with the blower relay unplugged.

Only way it could run is if the purple wire which is the + of the blower motor was somehow shorted to either the fat red always on +12 wire, or the orange or dark blue wires with other fuse ign. switch, blower switch issues.

You sure you unplugged it and it ran?

The purple wire off the blower relay connector is the fan +12 fan motor connection start there.

Check to see the fat red wire isn't somehow melted into the purple motor wire that would make it run, trace it through the harness as far as you can.

I will revisit in the morning an chase wires down.

If you disconnect the blower relay it can't run. The blower relay is the little silver one that's near the receiver/dryer. If that relay gets stuck in the closed position the fan will run on high with everything shut off.

I'm not a fan of throwing parts at things but I'd suspect the relay. You could pull the relay and check for continuity between pins A and D. If you have continuity the relay is stuck. https://www.autozone.com/cooling-heating-and-climate-control/relay-blower-motor.

So you have air constantly blowing out of the interior vents ?

If you are just hearing the motor running, make sure it’s not the power antenna motor. That would be a much more common problem.

I never thought of that. I've seen the power antenna keep running when it's been broken but it's always had a clicking sound at the same time.

Either way it's easy to find out. Unplug the blower relay and it stops its the blower relay. If it keeps running unplug the power antenna and see if it's that.

I never thought of that. I've seen the power antenna keep running when it's been broken but it's always had a clicking sound at the same time.

Either way it's easy to find out. Unplug the blower relay and it stops its the blower relay. If it keeps running unplug the power antenna and see if it's that.

Yes I though of that first, it definitely not the ant motor, the sound is coming from the H A/C housing. I'm tied up all week with work, I will be back at it this weekend, will update then . Thank you all .

Looking at the photo, it appears you have the Touch Climate Control (C68).
This system doesn't have a blower motor relay.
The speed is controlled by the system head and the electronic board in the heater box next to the blower motor.
Look up a wiring diagram for the C68 system. It is different and more complex than the manual C60 system.

Looking at the photo, it appears you have the Touch Climate Control (C68).
This system doesn't have a blower motor relay.
The speed is controlled by the system head and the electronic board in the heater box next to the blower motor.
Look up a wiring diagram for the C68 system. It is different and more complex than the manual C60 system.

Yes I will be working on this problem this weekend, long days at work. This GN does have TCC C68. May I asked how could you tell by looking at photo ?

ce4e022b1d69f36d53008681dc0972da.jpg

That connector tells us you have the C68 option. This part is very expensive compared to the $20 blower motor resistor on the C60

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ce4e022b1d69f36d53008681dc0972da.jpg

That connector tells us you have the C68 option. This part is very expensive compared to the $20 blower motor resistor on the C60

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly!
The wiring tells the whole story.
The module from Caspers is pricey ($250) but it's a real nice item.
I put one on my car before the stock one failed.
Easy install.