Correct coolant level in radiator with small,header tank?

Timbuick

I have. A stock rad with alkycontrol and the small header tank that Julio provides. With the engine cold and the radiator ( not header tank) cap off, how far down should coolant be?

MIne is about 2-3 inches down from the cap. I have a long drive tomorrow and just wanted opinions on the desired level,thanks.

Mine is always about 1/2 inch below the cap when cold....that's what it should be according to people who know. When hot, your overflow tank will fill, and then drain back into rad
when engine cools....

If you've got a puke tank that's full on the car it shouldn't be down at all. The system's designed to keep the fluid at the top of the radiator and no air in the system so it stays cooler.

OK thanks, after a god hard run a little coolant is vented from the header tank. this didn't happen with the much larger standard header tank.
in Julios alkycontrol instructions he refers to this small tank as a it works as a catch can. This tank should not have coolant added to it.
it's difficult to see how much coolant is in the header/ catch can tank as its stuffed out of sight inside of the header panel in front of the battery.