Coolant Temp Sensor

IMQUIK

Hey guys, I have the dual fan set up and was thinking about wiring up a switch to turn the fans on after I turn the car off. Is there a aftermarket coolant temp sensor for our cars that will keep the fans on a few minutes after the car is turned off and still work correctly with the ecm? Thanks, Mike

there is no real reason to have the fan running after shutdown- it will cool the radiator down, but the coolant in the block will still stay hot unless you also put in an electric water pump to circulate the water.

besides 86 87 already has such a system built in
its called the fan delay relay but with a 160 therm the motor rarely gets hot enough to activate it, when active it runs the fan(s) for about 10minutes

and like said above it only cools the radiator , and the engine bay a little
best advice is just unplug the delay relay (your may already be unplugged ort removed) because the factory setup being 22 yrs old the relay can turn on at random and could leave you with an old battery

Thanks guys, I know why & how the factory cooling system works. I just thinking that wiring up something to cut the fans on after shutdown to stop the heat from rising. But like you said with a 160 thermostat there is no reason to hane the fans hooked up manual. Thanks Guys

I have one here that I didn't use from a "wiz bang" fan set up. (I used the original GN electronics)

Attachments

• 100_0767.jpg
    100_0767.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 110