convertor ID

twizz

ok, so i finally got a new trans, a nice, working BRF trans fell in my lap today, feels like 4 years of christmas all at once.

anyway, it did not come with a d5 converter. The converter in it looks about stock size (11", whatever, just looks stock), is painted blue, and where a d5 converter says 'D5,' this one just says '7.'

anyone have a clue?

I'll guess D7. ;)

No idea actually especially with the blue paint.

I should have a D5 available out of my GN's tranny in about a week or 2.

They are plentiful and rather cheap anyway which is good news.

According to GM papers, the 7 is from a 30 spline (700/4L60) with about a 1,654 stall. Usually used in V6, 5.0 and 5.7 applications. Probably rebuilt with a 27 spline turbin.

thanks for the info eric. looks like thats another canidate for the dumpster. heh, i can never win.

Hey twizz you and Joe W stop by my shop the other day if you still need a convertor i have one rebuilt D-5 2800-3000 stall from Pats convertors in Phila ..let me know

Thanks Jim
215-669-1696

hey jim, didnt' know you were on the boards.

i'm trying to get my car together for as little $ as possible, and i mean AS LITTLE. i've got the stock d5 in my car now, but i'm afraid it may be a little 'metal-filled.' e-mail me with a number on that convertor, maybe i can pull something out of my hat.