Converting ASA stage 2

Sborel

Who has converted one of these 9 to 1 motors. Cam, piston change, convert to wet sump, and ???. I saw on ISKY's site they list an ASA cam as having .680 in lift:eek: Will the roller lifters be usable??(assuming there in good shape)

Anyone have a dry sump set up in their race or street car?
Who sells pumps, moroso?? Dutweiler, $ 3k?? (probably out of my price range for complete set up)

Ideally i like to have a car that would be streetable(limited) but mostly raced.

Anyone else other than ATR sell headers , houston?? Are ATR S2 headers reliable? prone to cracking?

Motor is on its way!:cool: :cool: I never thought i would get a stage motor(hard to find and $$$)

Steven

Get out your wallet

Steve,

Drop me a line and I'll see if I can help you make heads or tails out of what you've got.

Neal

Originally posted by Sborel
Who has converted one of these 9 to 1 motors. Cam, piston change, convert to wet sump, and ???. I saw on ISKY's site they list an ASA cam as having .680 in lift:eek: Will the roller lifters be usable??(assuming there in good shape)

Anyone have a dry sump set up in their race or street car?
Who sells pumps, moroso?? Dutweiler, $ 3k?? (probably out of my price range for complete set up)

Ideally i like to have a car that would be streetable(limited) but mostly raced.

Anyone else other than ATR sell headers , houston?? Are ATR S2 headers reliable? prone to cracking?

Motor is on its way!:cool: :cool: I never thought i would get a stage motor(hard to find and $$$)

Steven

If the motor is setup for a dry sump and you don't want one you could probably convert over to an external belt driven pump fairly easily. Mine has a Duttweiler setup. 2 lines in the oil pan, one feed line up top. You probably would have to plug up some holes and open up some in the valley but a good engine builder should be able to set you up.

On the headers, I use Precision. I love them, nice and big tubes. People saw my setup in Bristol and liked it, some saying, "I would have just done that"! Especially if you are using Stage heads, these headers are raised at an angle, I assume the 7 degree angle that is suggested. They are forward facing headers, basically dual turbo headers setup for a single turbo with a ram-horn crossover in the front. makes it a little easier to get to the plugs on stage heads..... You will not be able to run A/C with these headers.

Dry Sump

I have a Stage II in my Cobra. Its normally aspirated and uses a Weaver Dry sump system. IMO, there is nothing better than a dry sump as the motor has tons of both pressure and flow. Mine idles using 10/30 Mobil 1 at 55psi, at 2000 RPM its got 75 and at 8,000 RPM it sits right on 100psi. I know it doesn't pertain to a GN but the dry sump is also great for Road Racing.

I use an 8 gt external tank but run only 7gts in it.

Regards,

Bob

Bob, please tell me more about your Dry sump set up. Are the parts available, and good source etc. Cost? Pics?

Thanks

Steven

Dry Sump

The parts are readily available for the dry sump system. However, DON'T send your Weaver pump back to them for a rebuild. There are other companies that will do it cheaper. Also any parts needed can probably be obtained from Ron Tarabori at (814) 435-2939. I don't know that much about Duttweilers system but I'm really happy with the Weaver set up.

Regards,

Bob