converter question - correct stall?

QuickWE4

Fuggedaboudit.
Hi all:

I have a very basic question, and I guess I'm just looking for a recommendation. I've done some research on this, but am wondering if the correct stall for a TA51 would be 2800 or 3000, and furthermore, what converter would the experts recommend for a car that is basically a show car that may see the track just a few times. I'd want it to have very streetable manners.

Current mods: all the usual fuel stuff, chip, 3"THDP, stock block and IC. The TA51 is being bolted on along with 009's and a VR4.

Any help or just a push in the right direction would be most appreciated, as I'm not a converter guru.

Thanks in advance...
Rich

The correct stall for your car is the one that works the best " In your car".. I would start at 3000 but my 3K is I'm sure different than yours. What you are looking for is effecientcy and yet stall the PT51.Most of the combos simliar to yours works well with a 9X11 at a rolling 3000 stall. Ask the guys who are using it . Ask for guys with pt51 and your injector size. You may try 2 or 3 converter combos till you find exactly what it is you are looking for. My suggestion is work with a vendor who will work with you. You can try several combos in the same converter to see what it is you like, or the car, likes best.

Bruce
WE4
www.ptsnctb.com