Convertable TTA

TNTTA

Snake Killer
Convertible TTA

Were there three of these produced and who own's them?Most inportant is any of them for sale?

I think there was only one and from what I know, its not for sale.

The TTA Convertibles are not a factory convertible, there are a few places around that could do the conversion for you, but why mess up a limited production car like the TTA.

Just start with a firebird conv. add the T/A GFX and then slap a buick powertrain in it. So simple! ;)

Chris

Yeh I'm still kicken.Been to the track a couple of times this year. No luck.Where you been for so long? Hoping to see you at the track soon.B@B is right around the corner.Good to here from you!

Convertible

Actually, the ONLY 1 built and endorsed by PAS is owned by a guy in Atlanta. I went and saw it today!!ASC did this one also.

Other were built by ASC..yes the same guys that did the GNX but not endorsed by PAS.

SO take it as you will.

BTW I think ASC still does the conversions!!!

BTW, there were approx 300 convertibles built in 89, factory convt. that is.

L8R

In 1989 all firebird/camaro convertibles begain life with a roof, the cars were built on a GM assembly line, then they were shipped out to an outside agent to be converted into a convertible( a non-GM company).

Originally posted by bob547
In 1989 all firebird/camaro convertibles begain life with a roof, the cars were built on a GM assembly line, then they were shipped out to an outside agent to be converted into a convertible( a non-GM company).
Yes ASC as mentioned above.

I know there are more than one,I read in one mag there was two and saw a picture in another mag that said there were three and had all three in the picture.

Any and all TTA convertables are about the same,there is no mention of them in the TTA production numbers and none are official.If you send yours out and get it done I belive it's just as good as any other one(considered it for a while).

Steve

Originally posted by TTA850
I know there are more than one,I read in one mag there was two and saw a picture in another mag that said there were three and had all three in the picture.

Any and all TTA convertables are about the same,there is no mention of them in the TTA production numbers and none are official.If you send yours out and get it done I belive it's just as good as any other one(considered it for a while).

Steve

Hate to disagree with ya Steve but, the ONLY convertible that PAS did(had done) was 1 of the pilot cars, it was done in June of 89 as I recall and is the ONLY one I would consider OFFICIAL as it was done for PAS and then sold that way. The other were all done after they were bought from the dealers.
L8R

Re: convert.

Originally posted by philo
There is only one and is not located in the States.

NOPE, It is located in Atlanta Ga. I went and saw it 2 weeks ago, I saw ALL the documentation.

BTW, the car was NEVER owned by a wealthy Mexican oil baron. It has been told to Rus Salerno but he wont change the web site info.

IN FACT there are quite a few errors on his site, the people who have the right info have offered to help Rus update the site but I guess he doesnt want to.

ALSO, the build Numbers are incorrect, they are really the ISSUE numbers. The cars were built at pontiac and shipped to PAS, however they didnt ship from PAS in the order the were received from pontiac.

L8R

I guess the moral of the story is: philo should not beleive everything he reads.