Convert power antenna to stationary

brisbon

The rewind cord in my power antenna broke free 3 times after being replaced over the course of 2 months each. Totally pissed why does this keep happening? Should i just convert it to a mast and what parts do i need to do it?

I replaced the white "nylon" cable inside my power antenna and it works great. Maybe (just maybe) you've installing wrong twice?...Are you installing an aftermarket or an original GM replacement part?...I got mine from Brian at www.gbodyparts.com... Give him a call. Maybe he'll be able to help...There's no reason for it to break three times in a few months!

Claude. :redface:

I got the fixed black antenna mount used from G Body parts and they had a new black fixed mast also I bought that screws into it.

I loctited it in there since it was the only shiny part on my car and I didn't need to remove it for car washes anymore. :p

i got the fixed black antenna mount used from g body parts and they had a new black fixed mast also i bought that screws into it.

I loctited it in there since it was the only shiny part on my car and i didn't need to remove it for car washes anymore. :p

x 2...

Screw these power antennas !!! Over 50 of these cars and only ever had 1 that was working!!!! I have a buddy with a gnx with 7,000 miles never spent a day out in bad weather guess what his has not worked in years!!! Put a manual antenna on and be done with it