convert buick 3.8 to h/a turbo

mcolor

I bought a 86 regal it had a v8 in it, but the guy put a 3.8 in it hoping to make it a t/r. He couldn't finish it so he sold it to me. Can all 3.8 be converted to t/r by just adding a turbo? I know it's a 85 are older by the side the alternator is on. Any information will be helpful thanx.

Well after me doing a lil research I found out the motor is much older than 85 because it has a carb.

BRAD_PADGETT said:
It is stamped on the drivers side by the transmission bell housing. Crawl underneath and you will see it. Post back with the number.

I checked 25526109

BRAD_PADGETT said:
The block is best you could have hoped for. The next question is the pistons and crank turbo parts. Might not matter depending on your goals. Brad

Yes I'm happy now .I might have to think my plans over and go with the turbo and not the ls1 , but now I need to figure out the transmission how it's that done.

Yes I'm happy now .I might have to think my plans over and go with the turbo and not the ls1 , but now I need to figure out the transmission how it's that done.

Get a 2004R transmission. Bolts right on. Look into torque converters as well. Brad

BRAD_PADGETT said:
Get a 2004R transmission. Bolts right on. Look into torque converters as well. Brad

How do I identify which transmission I have in the car already??

How accurate is this

transpan.gif

im pretty sure the rears in regular regals are the smaller 10 bolts, 7.5"
If it wasn't a GN from 84 up or a hurst olds then it had the 7.5" rear in it. If it's been changed out with an 8.5" I'd be surprised since that's at least a $500 up grade and that would be a peg leg with 3.42 or 3.73 gears in it. Stock it should be a 2.72 or maybe a 3.08 rear, but I'd doubt it's the 3.08's.