control module '93 Grand Am

SIXBANGR

mean old man
my niece has a 1993 Grand Am that starts fine in the morning. If she shuts it off it takes a few hours befor it will start again. I heard about a control module that needs replaced.Anyone know what it needs, and where it is ,price? thanks

Sounds like it has the Quad4. Check the coil housing. It's a plastic case that houses the coils and module. When they crack it's just like having a bad distributor cap. I don't sell to many coils or modules for them.

has the 3300

v6. What a pile. It belongs to my 17 year old neice. It will start after it sits all night. Then if you shut it off your not getting home. Do you know what the fuel pressure should be on it? We tried 3 diff. modules today and it started with them all. Just won't start again. Poor girl needs a car.

Check the PassLock sensor on the ignition switch. When that gets flakey you get a no start condition. I've got a few TSBs on them so I'm thinking if you do a google some information should pop up on the cure. Usually when its bad you have a no start all of the time.:confused:

were

pretty sure the fuel pump is going out. We checked the pressure by just pushing the schrader valve and it had just a tiny bit of gas. The car is in Colo. and I live in KS. Didn't know i would be working on it or I would have had tools.

As the engine is turning over does the security lamp stay on or flashes?
Some pass lock systems disables the fuel pump by limiting the amount of voltage to the fuel pump. This could make you think the fuel pump has failed.