Contemplating School

84GNv6

For some reason, I can't get focused on going to school and getting a degree. Im 20 years of age and have about 25 college hours from a community college. I wanted to be an xray technician or find a profession somewhere in the medical field but I know Im going to need a higher education. I dont apply for financial aid due to my parents income so all my college has been paid out of pocket with some little help from my folks...they have there financial problems as well. I was thinking of joining the Air Force and try pursuing a healthcare profession with them but I've had multiple ear surgeries. I heard they didnt take people with dissabilities. Well, I was just wondering how many members do we have in the medical field or took a different path from college, and how that turned out for you? Also, if anyone is in the Air Force that is in the medical field.

Not sure about the ear disability thing, but if you can get in the A/F that would really jump start your career. A woman I used to date came from a not so great family and joined the A/F @ age 20. She worked the system to pay for law school and other things. Last I heard she was pretty high up in the A/F law system. You can't go wrong getting in the medical field. Both of my sisters put themselves through nursing school and there will always be jobs in the medical field. Good luck 2 u

X-ray tech was my first major. I never graduated college but I do have about 100 hrs of b.s. under the belt. I never served in any branch of the military for medical reasons too. I know a lot of friends who got waivers for certain medical conditions, and a lot of others who lied (as per recruiters advice) to get in also. Anyways, I decided to switch majors about 2 yrs in. If you want an associates in the medical field, try respiratory tech or nursing. Respiratory is an easy field, but most people are afraid of killing someone so they choose a different route. Nursing is actually great for a man these days because you get about a $6/hr premium because you can lift WAY more than a woman. And most nurses work 3 days a week, 12 hr shifts, and they b*tch about it- because most are women.

The bottom line is this- If your not learning about something you either love or want to do, you won't give a sh*t. Period. Good luck with your school and don't give up dude. Your 20 on a buick website so your probably not retarded. Soul search a little and go interview people in whatever field you want to enter. Ask good questions, "what do you want to accomplish with your life?" "where can this field take you, professionially?" and so on. See if their answers match yours.

If you talk to a recruiter, know this- they will tell you whatever you NEED to hear to join. Thats what they get paid to do. If you want to hit random ass around the world, you need the Air Force. If you want to be a billionaire someday, you need the Air Force., and so on...

Think about your options and more because your young and American, the possibilities are endless...

For some reason, I can't get focused on going to school and getting a degree. Im 20 years of age and have about 25 college hours from a community college. I wanted to be an xray technician or find a profession somewhere in the medical field but I know Im going to need a higher education. I dont apply for financial aid due to my parents income so all my college has been paid out of pocket with some little help from my folks...they have there financial problems as well. I was thinking of joining the Air Force and try pursuing a healthcare profession with them but I've had multiple ear surgeries. I heard they didnt take people with dissabilities. Well, I was just wondering how many members do we have in the medical field or took a different path from college, and how that turned out for you? Also, if anyone is in the Air Force that is in the medical field.

Medical feild is where its at!! I went to Lincoln Technical School for nursing!! Not the best school, but got me my Liscesne Practical Nursing Liscense!!.. Which is under a Registered Nurse. It a 1 yr program.. Im now on my way to becoming a RN and getting my Bachelors.. I can go anywhere in the United States and get a job!! All i have to do is file for a Liscense in the desired state and pay a fee!! And i can work where ever!! I was in ur situation. Anything in the medical feild is where its at!! Or anyting in transportation( not my cup of tea, but in high demand) Yes the economy is in the sh*tter but i got a job at the NJDOC getting state wages around 50k a yr There is always overtime available!!. state benefits. state pension and a transferable 401k ..Plus they are paying for me to get my Bachelors Degree!! If you live in the mid -west.. they start off at even more money!! Do your research , figure out what you wanna do!! People say do what you love.. I say F that. bc if you do what you love for the rest of ur life.. ur not going to love it!! And hell i love hunting and fishing... Aint paying any of my bills!! Do what you can tolerate!!! pm me if you have any other questions!!!

Phill

Thanx for the feedback guys...I'll probably go talk to a recruiter and see how far I can get through the process with my condition. Theres a 3-9 month waiting list as well so we'll see how that goes. I also considered going to a technical school 1 yr program for nursing or radiography but alot of people told me to go to school and get the actual thing done. I'll pm you Dreamn4GN

I say go for it man! I however got into Non Destructive Testing (ndt) doing inspection work and so fourth and it was worth it takes a good company to hire you unless you go to school and get your stuff that way.

Tulsa school of aeronuatics and Technology is a good start for school and highly recognized.