Contemplating on which turbo to order.....

mikeandjen

Hey all,

I was set on the 6776bb turbo from Precision until I started reading about their new boosted turbos and the GT6765 boosted turbo which is supposedly better technology. Anyone have any info on this? I have a 3000 stall in the car and was going to go with the precision stock location intercooler and 4" LS1 maf/60# injectors.

Help anyone, I know alot of people have had great success with the 6776bb, but would like to see every option on the two. Here is the info posted about the turbo:

New BOOSTED turbo replaces GT6776
The lastest technology in Buick Turbos. This could be the best all around turbo ever for a Turbo Buick Capable of high nine times but docile enough to drive every day. The BB version can work with a 3200 Stall converter. The Journal bearing needs 3500 stall or so. This turbo features the 67mm compressor wheel (2.620" Inducer/3.310" Exducer) and the new HP65 Turbine wheel (2.920" Inducer/2.542" Exducer). You get your choice of a journal bearing CHRA or the fast spooling water cooled Ball Bearing version. You also get your choice of comressor covers the "E" with 3" in and 2" out, the "S" 4" in and 2.5" out, the "H" cover 4" in and 3" out or the Ported shroud version of the "H". The PTE .63 Turbine housing is used for fast spool up and the .85 is also available and recommeded on the BB model. You can specify a standard Pressure (13PSI) or High Pressure Actuator(18PSI) If you need help call us for more information.

Sorry for the long post, but any help would be greatly appreciated......

Mike

Looks like the 6765 is the upgrade to the bb 6776 which is supposed to be a little more aerodynamic on the turbine housing for flow. I am going to try it.

is the 3000 stall a re-stalled stock converter?

Also, a LS1 MAF is 3.5", not 4". ;)

You are correct, my bad I was looking at both the Z06 4" maf and the 3.5" LS1 maf, I am going with the 3.5" LS1 maf. Also it is not a restalled stock converter. It is a small diameter aftermarket which is rated at 3000.