Conquest TSI?

keep the conquest like it is.. i had one before the GN and it ran mid to low 12's all day long with a 20G turbo.. i miss that car, black 89tsi with the 9 inch stock rims on the back :) ..

re conquest hybrid

It has been done. Cool setup. One was done by a speed shop here in Chicago that made it to either car craft or hot rod magazine.

Cool87GN said:
Has anyone attempted this swap and if so, how difficult is it? Thank you,

You must be crazy to pull that engine out of the tsi
In PR there’s a mirage running 58 lbs of boost on that OE long block and running in the 7ns :eek: :eek:
Try running 58 lbs of boost on a OE GN 3.8 that would equal Booooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmm

I beg your pardon?

TURBOPOWERED68 said:
In PR there’s a mirage running 58 lbs of boost on that OE long block and running in the 7ns :eek: :eek:
Try running 58 lbs of boost on a OE GN 3.8 that would equal Booooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmm
that is not the truth about the 3.8, I ran 25 psi with my t66,,,,, and it went
booooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :D but what turbo could boost 58lbs anyways :confused: I smell bull........ :eek:

TURBOELKY said:
that is not the truth about the 3.8, I ran 25 psi with my t66,,,,, and it went
booooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :D but what turbo could boost 58lbs anyways :confused: I smell bull........ :eek:

to sum it up for you look up sakura its a Puertorican built car.

nah

did'nt find it, but good luck on your quest, that would be a cool swap, I actually like those tsi's. :)

TURBOELKY said:
did'nt find it, but good luck on your quest, that would be a cool swap, I actually like those tsi's. :)

http://go.to/puertorico

then hit the space bar
then click on english
the go to the left of the left and click on four cylinder
then scroll down a little thats the car i was talking about
ill try to find the details for you.

cool87gn

Sorry for the HJ
Any car you put the GN engine in would make it a better nicer car
I just think that if the tsi has a good engine and trans in it. It would make a much better build then a GN set up in that specific car.
now if the engine was dead (a hole on the block) on the tsi I would definitely go with the GN set up. I have seen these cars with the stock builds and they make killahhhh street cars.
Anyway good luck with it either way you will have a nice car.

TURBOPOWERED68 said:

That engine is a boat anchor. Maybe the block with extensive mods can hold 50+psi. There's not a chance in hell that the OE longblock (block, pistons, crank, and rods) will take that kind of boost unless it's making 180hp at that boost. Doesn't matter because you won't find one without a blown headgasket and most likely a firecut head. They like to go kabooom. Besides, throttlebody injection on a turbo car makes me want to puke.

cool 84 said:
That engine is a boat anchor. Maybe the block with extensive mods can hold 50+psi. There's not a chance in hell that the OE longblock (block, pistons, crank, and rods) will take that kind of boost unless it's making 180hp at that boost. Doesn't matter because you won't find one without a blown headgasket and most likely a firecut head. They like to go kabooom. Besides, throttlebody injection on a turbo car makes me want to puke.

Dude
thats the same thing the SBC and BB guys say about the GN engine. so its the same deference Blown head gaskets and extensive mods.

What? just because the say stock block in a 9 to 10 second GN doesn't mean its a stock block. think about the mods they have in order to get that level of performance out of that 3.8 or even a stage engine. So please talk about some thing that we don't have to do to our own cars then you are saying something. Because the discription above can apply to 90% of GNs.
minus the TBI part.

I'm well aware of the prep that goes into a fast "stock block" GN. I've also worked with the starquest guys and believe me that motor has a couple fatal flaws in stock form. You said "stock longblock" in your post. I promise you the only part that resembles stock in that race car is the block. You are really asking for failure if you take it past high 12s. You can't compare that motor to the GN motors for power handling with a stock longblock. They're not in the same league.

my mistake stock block with everything else after market. just like the 9 second GNs and every other engine in the single digits. :rolleyes:

i am not trying to comepare the 2 just stating (from what i have seen) those blocks hold up pretty good. and can be made into very fast cars (sakura)
i don't beleave i said the tsi engine was better. :confused: :confused:

The fuel injection on the Conquest is terrible. I had a 19c on my conquest, and had trouble running over 15psi. If you dump the money into the motor you can make it bulletproof, but it would probably be cheaper to just throw a buick motor in there. It would also be a lot easier to make it really fast and also a lot more reliable. It would probably bring the value of it up some too. I would go for it. I loved my Conquest when I had it. I sold it a couple of years ago with 48k miles on it. good luck

TURBOPOWERED68 said:
Dude
thats the same thing the SBC and BB guys say about the GN engine. so its the same deference Blown head gaskets and extensive mods.

What? just because the say stock block in a 9 to 10 second GN doesn't mean its a stock block. think about the mods they have in order to get that level of performance out of that 3.8 or even a stage engine. So please talk about some thing that we don't have to do to our own cars then you are saying something. Because the discription above can apply to 90% of GNs.
minus the TBI part.

I can’t speak for the factory motor in a conquest; I have never dealt with them. But I can tell you all about what we have accomplished with stock GN motors. We have taken stock 84/85 blocks without any work done to them into consistent mid 10's without any modifications or reinforcement to the block. Stock crank, rods, caps and no ARP stuff. Oh ya, the crank was cut .020 on the mains and .030 on the rods. The motor is still running hard.

I have a Stage II motor that's sitting my garage ready to go into my GN, as far as the block, nothing was done to it for reinforcement. It already comes with all billet caps and extra bolts for the mains.

The conquest is a lot lighter and more aerodynamic that a GN. It doesn’t require as much HP as it does for a GN to get into the 7's. The conquest is a sharp looking car that's why we already started the GN powered Conquest project the motor/trans is already in, it’s a 10 sec combo in GN so the Conquest should be a lot faster. It's is a 1987 Conquest. Now we are working on custom headers. The project is on hold for a while due to working on a stage II car for my buddy.

Just my $.02

Prasad

wickedv6 said:
I can’t speak for the factory motor in a conquest; I have never dealt with them. But I can tell you all about what we have accomplished with stock GN motors. We have taken stock 84/85 blocks without any work done to them into consistent mid 10's without any modifications or reinforcement to the block. Stock crank, rods, caps and no ARP stuff. Oh ya, the crank was cut .020 on the mains and .030 on the rods. The motor is still running hard.

I have a Stage II motor that's sitting my garage ready to go into my GN, as far as the block, nothing was done to it for reinforcement. It already comes with all billet caps and extra bolts for the mains.

The conquest is a lot lighter and more aerodynamic that a GN. It doesn’t require as much HP as it does for a GN to get into the 7's. The conquest is a sharp looking car that's why we already started the GN powered Conquest project the motor/trans is already in, it’s a 10 sec combo in GN so the Conquest should be a lot faster. It's is a 1987 Conquest. Now we are working on custom headers. The project is on hold for a while due to working on a stage II car for my buddy.

Just my $.02

Prasad
The Conquest is actually over 3300lbs. It's smaller than a GN, but everything in it is thick steel.

dvernst said:
The Conquest is actually over 3300lbs. It's smaller than a GN, but everything in it is thick steel.
sorry 3037 lbs for 5 speed, and 3097 for auto. Still heavy for how small the car is.

dvernst said:

My buddy said the conquest was little over 3000 lbs with him it and he is 190lbs. This was at a local scrap yard scale. My GN with me in it was near 3800lbs and I am around 170lbs. When we push both of the cars around, man there is a big difference. We will see when we are done with all the stuff like; liquid IC, motor,turbo and tranny.It will be heavier than the Conquest powertrain for sure.

Prasad

wickedv6 said:
My buddy said the conquest was little over 3000 lbs with him it and he is 190lbs. This was at a local scrap yard scale. My GN with me in it was near 3800lbs and I am around 170lbs. When we push both of the cars around, man there is a big difference. We will see when we are done with all the stuff like; liquid IC, motor,turbo and tranny.It will be heavier than the Conquest powertrain for sure.

Prasad
Yeah I found the exact weights on some web-site 3037 stick, and 3097 auto. it's still heavy to push around. I pushed mine around for 4 out of the seven years i owned it. Bought it with 25,000 miles, and sold it with 45,000. I loved that car, I just had to get my money back out of it. It's a good car for a Buick swap. Definitely worth it to me. Good luck