Congrats to Rick Sietz (AKA: 02WS686GN)

750H.P.V6

Brutal 6 Racing
Guys,

I wanted to congratulate our own SW forum member Rick Seitz for becoming the new editor of GM High Tech performance! :D For those of you that don't know Rick he was formerly with Street Legal TV and did a couple of great online articles about the Buicks at Bates car show and also a nice write up about Alberto (Beto) Ceja's Turbo T. Rick is a Buick enthusiast so I'm looking forward to seeing more Buick cars and articles in GM High Tech. :cool:

Neal

I think he just moved to Florida because he knew I was coming down!
Congrats Rick!

Rumor has it that they're letting him do his own Pro Street Turbo Buick build up for the mag. Some of us vendors may be part of this deal.:D

Congrats Rick on hitting the big time. We are proud to have one of our own in this very prestigious position. Rick, unfortunately I'm guessing that you may have to dig deep to write excitement into the articles of many of the new "Performance cars", after knowing the power of The Dark Side. :D

Mike B.

Thanks meanchicken (Tim) for the props and letting me know that this thread even exists - very flattering! :D

Neal, thanks for creating it in the first place, and the kind words. I still appreciate all of the help you've given me that one Sunday afternoon! I've written a bunch of Turbo Buick articles for SLTV, but I didn't write the feature on Ceja's car, unfortunately. One of these days when I find the time, I'll try to dig all of them out and post them here for you guys.

John, I moved to Florida just to take this position - an honor in itself, as I've been reading GMHTP for something like 13 years now. I was pretty shocked to say the least when I received an email from Scott Parker saying he wanted me as his replacement. I'm still in shock, really. It's a dream come true!

Mike, as you know, you'll be seeing your bumper fillers being installed onto my car in an upcoming issue... Thanks again, they look terrific! ;)

So far, Brian Weaver is onboard to help us with some restoration parts and accessories, and a few additional odds and ends. Cal Hartline has already agreed to do the tuning and some of our go-fast parts installation, and Scot Walkowik of GNS Performance will be providing us some insight on what works and what doesn't on our suspension.

She won't be a drag car, but rather, a pro-touring machine. Hey, if a '67 Chevy C10 can be built to take corners, why not a Turbo Buick? You'll get to see the official introduction of my car in the February, 2014 issue of GMHTP (on sale 12/10/13).

Oh yeah, and more Turbo Buick tech stories and features are a given. We're even looking at doing a '98 Regal GS short-term project car for you Supercharged 3800 guys. :)