confused on hood help is appreciated!

uniquesnd

Confused on whether my car came with hood springs or gas shocks? when i bought the car it had no motor and the hood wasn't bolted on. It is an 86 buick regal limited and when i go to summit racing they offer gas shocks for the hood? Any help clearing this up is appreciated as the hood is heavy to hold up!:(

I mean i have hinges bolted on the car with no springs found them in the trunk with the bolts and the hinges are flat.......so i am guessing shocks too but where and what do I need to look for? What do the shocks mount to?

The hood has shocks. They are mounted to the hood hinge brackets themselves. Look and you will find.

Zack

so i was able to find some upper shock mounts since mine were missing but when i found them they were just sitting in the engine bay of the car at the junkyard someone had already gotten the hood. Well i took them home and cleaned them up and painted them but when i started looking at them after they dried the left side one looks almost flat but the right side one has a bend to it is this the way its supposed to look? photo (1).JPGphoto.JPG

yea it was bent figured it was but have not had time to compare them to the hood till today! A block of wood and a sledge hammer worked it out though!;)