Confused about cam buttons.

DWB47

I'm gathering parts to get my motor back together. When I pulled the front cover I found a spring and black rubber piece that appear to be a cam button. From what I understand most flat tappet motors don't have cam buttons, and they are ususally only found with roller cams. Does the 3.8 come stock with a cam button? I have searched and all I can find regarding cam buttons is in discusions about roller cams. My new short block has a lunati flat tappet cam. Should I use a stock cam button, if there is one, or should I use a roller cam button?

I'm gathering parts to get my motor back together. When I pulled the front cover I found a spring and black rubber piece that appear to be a cam button. From what I understand most flat tappet motors don't have cam buttons, and they are ususally only found with roller cams. Does the 3.8 come stock with a cam button? I have searched and all I can find regarding cam buttons is in discusions about roller cams. My new short block has a lunati flat tappet cam. Should I use a stock cam button, if there is one, or should I use a roller cam button?

The spring loaded cam button is on all these motors.
What you have the is the "stock cam button".
Check the cover for wear, and "Get the roller bearing type cam button" :cool:

Thanks. Any recomendations as to which roller type cam button I should get?

Thanks. Any recomendations as to which roller type cam button I should get?

As far as I know, there really is only one type of spring loaded roller bearing cam button.
Get one from one of the vendors on this board, that way you are sure it is the correct one.
I think most of them that sell engine parts carry it or can get it.
(FullThrottlespeed, G-Bodyparts, etc)

I just looked at Fullthrottle, they have one specifically for a flat tappet cam. I am going to order an oil pump kit from them so I guess I'll get a cam button to. Thanks for help.