Concert Sound 2 or not?

TR Custom Parts

Mark Hueffman - Owner
Working on a nightmare of a car for a friend/customer. Actually quite a famous Buick a few years back and everywhere I turn on this thing I am running into substandard work. Trying to figure out stereo, has concert sound 2 door panels so assuming this is what the car came with but whoever hacked the stereo install left me with a mess. Speaker wire harness plug that is screwed to the dash framework only had to plugs in it. From diagrams I see this is for the front four speakers ONLY. Four ports in this harness end are blank, no terminals. Where are my rear speaker wires? I am looking to replace this plug in the picture with a stock one so I have both factory ends intact and then find a Metra adapter to install a late model Delco CD player in this car.

FullSizeRender.jpg

I believe that is where the fronts are paralleled, the rears should be into the radio itself separately on it's own plug which may be blue or white in color???

Going from memory here :p, check the wire colors out back in the car and locate the plug or cut wires/harness at the radio location.

Not sure if this will help...

Attachments

• 6_speaker_stereo.jpg
    6_speaker_stereo.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 4,847
That plug is the factory splice for the dash tweeters.the doors and rear will be on the standard plug.if this makes sense.

Rears are Brown and Yellow, and Light Blue and Dark Blue.

Rears were a blue connector C3 into the radio itself.

All four front speakers out of that connector riveted to the dash are plugged into C2 in the radio itself a white connector.

There is no harness to go to the back speakers, I have two factory connectors that are color coded to the front speakers! Car has been thru a few owners and no clue to previous history as far as the stereo mods go. Had a Clarion in it when it came to my place with some aftermarket subwoofer setup in the trunk, all removed and going all GM for the stereo as it isn't a big concern of the owner to have a killer system just basic tunes. One of the existing speaker harnesses has the same configuration of the rear speaker harness I got from TTAOWNER and plugs into where the rear harness would go.. So what do I do to get the front four speakers to work along with the rear speakers we are putting in?

I believe that the front dash and door speakers are fed thru same circuit. That's the white connector , C1.
The blue connector feeds the rear speakers. If you pull the back seat I'm sure you'll find the rear speaker wires. You can get used factory connectors on eBay for about $25.
Good luck.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Last edited:
Will take some pics when I get in the garage tonite. Using a Metra adapter I have TWO connectors wired the same color codes for front speakers that fit into the Metra adapter cavities. These are keyed differently and one fits where the rear connector would normally go as it is keyed the same! There is no rear harness in the car but have picked one up to install. Weird

image.jpg
image.jpg
Took some pics, you can see the two speaker harnesses that plug into the radio or the metra adapter. You can see both are color coded the same. The harness with the cut wires is for power etc and need to be tied back into the wiring harness. Then you can see the rear speaker harness I picked up, has the same blue plug as one of the others.

Wow Mark I was afraid this was the 'once famous' car you were speaking of. That is ashame for THAT car to be rag-tag wired. That car is one of my ALL TIME FAVORITES. Get it right. Anything else would be uncivilized.
image-jpg.264535