Concert II speakers with factor CD player

jj86gn

Guy and gals,

I'll be the first one to admit I don't know diddly about car audio systems but I want to change out my speakers in the Concert II system.

The problem is I don't want a getto boom box on wheels that I keep pulling over and issuing citations to because I can't hear my calls over the radio.

I normally listen to mid 80s rock (Mullet head) and some new stuff. I like to crank the music a bit, little bass, but not till my ears bleed.

The only problem is that the GM Delco CD player must stay. Any advice about what I should buy? I hear Polk were good speakers. Any help??

for the best possible sound you will want to get components, but you'll pay for it. I'm tryign to unload a very nice set of 3.5" speakers, just go back to the car auto section and look down a ways for "3.5 speakers". When ever i get around to replacing my cheap mtx speaker the previous owner put in i'll buy blaupunkt's, but they don't make a 4x10. i'll look into a 6x9 adapter. anyways, there good, infinity would be my next choice, boston i hear is pretty good, kenwood, if you can find a set of bose its great, but it i'll be hard to fine, the'll probably be used and expensive, they put them in corvettes and a few imports tha ti know of. STAY AWAY FROM PYLE!!!! i had a set of thoes in my old car, and they were a pyle of sh...t. i would stay away from anythign cheap, anything found at walmart, basically you get what you pay for.