Components far superior to stock locations?

E

Eighty2Regal

Are components in say the doors and dash far superior to stock location aftermarket speakers. What speakers do most of you use in the rear? Can you have components in the back also? all input is appreciated. Who makes decent priced components, and components will only sound so good running of a head units power right?

...sigh...

I've been replying and looking through all your posts in the Car Audio section of Turbobuick.com and I was wondering what you missed?

Many of your questions overlap and it seems that the "advice" other people have laid out for you doesn't seem to be enough.

I don't know, maybe its just me, but I feel like I'm going over the same ground with your posts all the time.

If the advice on this board is insufficient, and you feel that you need to ask moreorless the same questions several times to get a definitive answer, I'd suggest finding a hi-end car audio shop in your area and talk to some real live people. Who can look at your car and give you some opinions.

Otherwise, read up on car sound info at carsound.com, read acoustics books for free a Barnes and Noble or Borders Books, get a subscription to Carsound and Performance, Autosound 2000 or something of that nature...

If you want a broad base of answers or options, go and look for them.

As for a combination of insight for your application. It seems that you're uncertain as to whether or not the stock location speakers are good enough for you. Why not go listen to a quality car stereo system, say at a local car audio shop, and hear the difference that proper speaker placement, aiming, tuning and amplification can make.

The stock location speakers, whether you put in $200 elements in all the stock locations or not will NEVER provide a quality front stage effect or proper stereo imaging because of the properties of the acoustic environment to our cars. On top of that, the stereo sound ONLY consists of two channels and NO rear fill information. So rear-fill speakers, aka the 4x10s on the rear deck, are nothing more than backseat passenger entertainment but detract from the stereo image in the front of the car.

If you want to do it right, and not waste money or time on marketing schemes or misunderstood acoustics, talk to professionals, installers, muscians and other car owners.

Good luck,