Complete S2 motor, twin turbos, headers, sequential FAST ECM for sale

KendallF

Blah blah blah
Yes, I am selling a bunch of stuff, including the motor currently in SecondHand Six, my T-type. Yes, it pains me to do so. There are lots of pictures of the parts and machine work in my web site, but here's a quick rundown:

Motor: On-center 4.1 S2, wet sump with custom pickup and deepened pan. It has been welded near the pan rail on both sides, and has sleeves in #1 and 2 cylinders. 4.050" bore. Crank is a Motorsports forging, 3.632" stroke, ground .010"/.010". Carrillo 6.5" H-beam rods, Carr bolts. BRC custom forged pistons with a D-shaped dish. CR is 8.8:1. Balanced to 1 gram. Cam is a custom Comp billet roller spec'ed by Dan Strezo, 248 @ .050" duration, .650" lift, Isky solid roller lifters and rev kit. Cam retention is a trick Danny Bee setup that bolts to the front of the block. Rollmaster timing chain.

Heads are S2, beautiful port work by Chapman, flow 350+ CFM on intake and 220+ on exhaust. Beautiful valve job, all valve heights equalized, ports CC'ed at 54 ccs, Ferrea stainless valves. T&D shaft roller rockers. Set up for rocker shaft oiling with oil lines from the back oil galley of the motor.

I have untold labor hours into the machining and fab work on this motor. I am selling this as a long block, never fired. The intake, front cover, balancer, flexplate, and accessories are NOT included.

$5000
You can't buy the pieces for even close. You could throw away the block and still come out ahead.

Headers: Twin turbo headers for S2 heads by Dawson. Set up for 4 bolt turbine, Racegate flange on each header. Mild steel, coated.
$500

Turbos: 60-1, 4" inlet, 2.5" outlet, tangential 4 bolt exhaust housings with 3" V-band flange. Turbine housings have been ceramic coated. These were originally Turbonetics turbos (check out the anodized backplates!) and were rebuilt by John Craig. These turbos will make a (relatively!) easy 1000 HP. I'd like to keep them together since they're matched.
$1500 for the pair

FAST ECM:

This is a wideband, sequential ECM with individual cylinder control, all the bells and whistles. It is set up for mag inputs for the crank and cam (MSD mag trigger style). If you want to run a distributor and an MSD flying magnet crank trigger, this is your setup. If you want to use the stock Buick crank sensor/DIS, you can have it converted back by FAST for a nominal fee. Never used, with WB O2. This system retailed for over $2500.
$1500

Here are a couple of pictures of the motor, turbos, and headers. I don't have pictures of the FAST box but it looks pretty much like any other. As mentioned above, the intake, etc. isn't included..nor is the rest of the car. :)

I could be persuaded to bring some/all of this to Reynolds, but I had better be SURE I'm getting paid before I spent a day yanking it out and putting it in the truck in a hurry. :)

First, everything assembled, showing the headers, turbos, etc.:
tuned_on_07.jpg

The motor:
shortblock_1.jpg

head_install_2.jpg

Turbos:
twins001.jpg

Thats a sweet looking set-up, if my settlement money comes soon-i ll be calling you.

Mac in SD said:
Why, Kendall? Why? :confused:

...and what are you gonna do with that intake? :wink:

I'm broke! :eek: I am going to break down and put a mild street motor in the car to shake it down and get some use out of it.

And..I still have a bunch of stage stuff, including another complete motor. I have too much time in that intake to get rid of it!

Hey Kendall can u work me up a deal on a set of heads and that exhaust and turbo's your selling?I'm wanting to go with twins on my new stage motor.Thanks.

That is one heck of a good deal!!!!!!!!!! It wont last long at that price.I have the perfect rolling chassis for your engine :D .

nisnutz said:
Hey Kendall can u work me up a deal on a set of heads and that exhaust and turbo's your selling?I'm wanting to go with twins on my new stage motor.Thanks.

I don't have a spare pair of heads currently. I have one person ahead of you on the headers; he's supposed to call me back tonight and commit for sure. If he falls through I'd be happy to sell you the headers and turbos..I would be happy to sell you the turbos regardless. :)

My friend is very interested in the ecm and the engine, he does not have a computer but his name is Rick and the number is 562-972-5460.
Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff Rand said:
My friend is very interested in the ecm and the engine, he does not have a computer but his name is Rick and the number is 562-972-5460.
Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff,

The motor may be sold..I should know within a day or so. ECM's still up for grabs. I will call your friend tomorrow, OK?

Thanks!

How much you looking to get for the complete motor?? Would you consider a trade??? let me know, thanks

GNguy said:
How much you looking to get for the complete motor?? Would you consider a trade??? let me know, thanks

The price is in the ad above. I'm not interested in trades, sorry.

S

Very intersested in motor please pm me no bull you will have money next day.

thanks Ron

Hi Kendall, Just wondering if that is the block that you got from me and wasn't that one of those 4X castings? I've had a couple more since then and have one in my car now. Have never been able to find any history on them but I'm beginning to believe they were done especially for one of the Indy teams as the couple that I have had since have only cross bolt front mains and not the rear. I think they did that because the Indy guys cut the back corners off anyway. Thats a good deal. Somebody should have bought it by now.

Ron Tarabori said:
Hi Kendall, Just wondering if that is the block that you got from me and wasn't that one of those 4X castings? I've had a couple more since then and have one in my car now. Have never been able to find any history on them but I'm beginning to believe they were done especially for one of the Indy teams as the couple that I have had since have only cross bolt front mains and not the rear. I think they did that because the Indy guys cut the back corners off anyway. Thats a good deal. Somebody should have bought it by now.

Ron,

Yep, that's the one that came from you. Hope you're doing well; I will have to call and catch up with how things are going up in snow country!