Complete exhaust system

Yeah I understand. It would have been nice to get a responce back that went something like this:

"dang man, sorry there is no reason a practically new exhaust system should be turnin into rust dust, I wouldnt have sold it to you for almost the cost new if I had known, let me call up Jack Cotton and see if he can help us out"

Instead of:
"I'm not going to worry about it"

It was advertised as "could be pollished to look new." Obviously there is some really poor quality material used to build this. I have a stock exhaust that had been sitting in the weeds since 92 thats still intact. Less than one season on a race car shouldnt be all a $500 exhaust sytem is good for.

Anyways, Austin, make a feedback post and it'll get hashed out.

First off you paid $300 get your story straight!
2nd off there was no holes in it when you bought it right? If it was junk at the time of selling it I would have not sold it! Now Jeremy you got taken from me also? How because I sold you $2000 worth of parts for $1000 and you asked me about a crankshaft that I sold for the money I wanted out of it because you want everything as cheap as possible. Austin had a attitude when he sent the first e-mail to me, post it two just like you posted his 2nd e-mail to me with my reply. I could care less if you try and burn me. You are one less friend I don't need. Just remember what you have started and I won't forget. If Austin would of contacted me with a different attitude, I would have tried to help! I don't sell junk for a living and I don't appreciate people attacking me for something I sold 5 months ago that could have set outside in the snow all winter.

No Tony, you sold the crank AFTER I had already paid $1200 for "everything except the block including a TE60".

You already had my money and called me to ask me how important the crank is to me because somebody else wants it. Then when it was time to pick all my stuff up, and I ask where is the crank, you tell me in front of everybody at the track "it was lost, maybe at a machine shop" and I got a good enough of a deal anyways. But the night before you said you had the crank on the phone. So I had to borrow one from Prasad to get my block and rotating assy to the machine shop. Then I had to try to find a good one to give back to Prasad.

TE60 ended up being a stocker that was shot, I got $150 back from you for that.

The "uncut" main engine harness ended having wire nuts instead of fusable links.

$100 New NOS gas tank with the plastic baffles ended up being a used cheap Spectra without baffles that I could have bought new for $100.

I have the check copied from Asutin for the $400 exhuast system

We also bought stock control arms for $100 and an airbag for $35

I paid you $150 for the AC box which was another thing I got a call later asking if I needed it or not becuase someone else offered more even though I had already paid for it.

This isnt a flame, just the facts, it's writen write here in my log book. I wirte every single transaction down for future referrence. The gas tank not being an original style one is no big deal, the wiring harness being cut up is no big deal I bought another that wasnt cut up, the TE60 that ended being stock was worked out between us and is no big deal but the fact that I still never got a crank is where I got burned. "Everything except the block" I even have the main and rod bearings out of that motor but no crank.

Austins exhaust is literally rust dust, even the tail pipes. I dont know why or how becuase something like that shouldnt be rusting already. So he contacted you and you gave him the reply that you dont care....oh well. Thats not right Tony. You know just as well as I do that we bought that stuff when it was snowing outside. It's been sitting on the shelf until now. A more helpfull responce would have made things much better. maybe Jack would refund your money? If you would have wanted to help us, you could have tried to at least call. I picked the exhaust up for Austin at Prasads house, Austin didnt. If the exhaust was "could be pollished like new", why should I have to worry about taking my finger and pushing on it to see if it's toast, it's "less than a year old". Plus I brought a ton of parts up with me that day and pick a ton of parts up to bring home with me that day. The very last thingI would have ever thought i had to worry about inspecting so closely was the exhuast that "could be pollished like new".

As far as a friend, well I would never tell my friends "Your on your own" "I'm not going to worry about it". Yes Tony, you showed me in those responces that you are not our friend and really could care less even after I took my losses on the crank and dropped the issue becuase I am a true friend.

And Tony, this first PM from Austin isnt in any kind of way "with attitude":

"hello tony, I purchased the 3" exhaust from you a while back. I went to install it today, and had a big problem. this y pipe is all rusted out on the inside. I grabed the pipe to move it in place, and my thumb went right into the pipe."

The crank was not part of the $1200.00. The $400 bought the control arms also.There was no baffels in that tank?? It worked fine in my car and when I bought it new it was to have baffels in it? I offered you your money back for everything. Remember? Why because you are hard to please and when you buy used parts that means used parts. and now I am the bad guy because I sold junk that was not junk when you bought it for less than I paid for it?? One bad deal in the 20 years I have been dealing with vehicles. I am doing pretty good and there are some people you can never make happy no matter how hard you try.

The crank was not part of the $1200.00. The $400 bought the control arms also.There was no baffels in that tank?? It worked fine in my car and when I bought it new it was to have baffels in it? I offered you your money back for everything. Remember? Why because you are hard to please and when you buy used parts that means used parts. and now I am the bad guy because I sold junk that was not junk when you bought it for less than I paid for it?? One bad deal in the 20 years I have been dealing with vehicles. I am doing pretty good and there are some people you can never make happy no matter how hard you try.

The crank wasnt part of the deal???? Why would I be asking for it the day I picked everything up? Everything except for the block means the crank also. I told you my 4.1 that I bought all of these parts for needed a crank, why would I not need the damn crank? The crank and turbo are were the main reasons I wanted those parts from you, I got neither. Austin was standing right next to me at the track when you said you'd have to get me the crank later. Then Prasad, Dennis, Austin, and Steve were all standing at the farm when you said you'd have to find the crank, its at a machine shop. How is that not part of the deal now?

Some people are hard to please? No.....some people expect to get what they bought and receive what was described. You even went as far as bring Strezo into it, saying he said it's either 60 or a 49. I said either would be fine.

Te60 or 49 - NO
Crank - No
Pollished to be new exhaust - NO
NOS baffled tank --- NO
uncut harness -- NO

Sounds like we are on the losing end of this deal. Yes, this has been a nightmare. How can you place blame on the buyer? I guess I dont understand? You describe what you are selling......we buy what you described. Simple.

The check for $400 was for the comtrol arms? No, he wrote you a check for $135 at the track before he bought the exhaust tha t Ipicked up at the farm afterwards.

You know Tony, I'd like to just say this:

I dont htink your a bad guy at all. I actually think you could be alot of fun to hang out with at the track and shoot the sh*t withand I really hate bad deals too. They suck for both the buyer and the seller. Thats why I didnt mind taking a hit on the turbo becuase I really just dont think you knew what it was. But, you have to describe things a little more accurately. We expected to get an very nice exhaust system from you based on the description. I dropped the crank issue before because I figured I'd just take my losses and move on. It's more fun when there is no anomosity. Thie thing that pissed me off is that Austin sent you a nice PM about it and you told him you didnt want to worry about and your on your own. Austin didnt expect you to pay him back for this but maybe at least try ot see if Jack would take care of it since it's not even a year old.

It pissed me off too because I sold it 6 months ago and I had no idea it was going to rust out more and for someone to tell me I needed to call Jack and ask him to take care of it? I can bet the answer from him will be no. I will call him and find out how much for a y-pipe. Another reason I am pissed off is because it was 6 months ago and were has this exhaust been sitting? Why so long to install it? I knew it had a hole we repaired but the rest was okay? Then you post something like straight shooter my a$$ over an exhaust system that was bought 6 months ago. Bash after bash when I replied I was not going to worry about it. Was that wrong when I had no answers from Austin about where it had been sitting and why it could not be repaired? If Jack wont help me out. What should I do then? This is our bad deal so help me out with some answers and maybe I will make it right even though it was 6 months ago and there was no problems at that time? This is another reason I hate the internet. I like to deal in person and I was nice enough to drive 4 hrs and deliver this junk to you and not send by mail and forget about you and your buddy. That is not the way I do business and you know that.

Thats what I dont understand. the exhuast has been sitting in his garage where i put it the day I picked it from you. Not outside or in any kind of moist area. I hate the internet too. It's really hard to tell someones demeaner over letters that were typed. Austin is a very nice quiet soft spoken guy who in all reality does more things for our fellow TB guys than I probably do.

I should be a man and step up to appologize for being really pissed off. I felt our deal went ok aside from the crank but I was willing to drop it until this came up. So we can pretty much say that this was a definate misunderstanding. Send me a PM with your phone number, I'll have Austin just give you a call that way nobody is mad.

It's like a couple brothers growing up, they kick each others teeth out, punch each other in the face, then go outside and have a great time building a fort together.

I honestly dont think Austin is expecting to get a refund or get a "BRAND NEW" replacement exhuast. Maybe just a little help cause he's pretty bummed out about this.

The reason the exhuast hasnt been put on the car until now is becuase he's been saving his money to buy his 6776, 3.5" downpipe, and get his headers ceramic coated. Now he's got everything and is finally assembling it. Then he calls me and says he just put his finger through the exhaust pipes just trying to set it into place. So I told him to contact you, I'm sure you'll help him out. Then I read the responce and get really f*cking pissed off. But if you thought he was being negative in any way, I can understand that.

So send me a PM with your phone number and I will have Austin call you directly today. Sound fare?

No the entire pipe is shot. For the money I paid, I shouldnt have to buy another Y pipe. I paid you almst the cost of this system. You can have it back or talk to Jack and get one for me.

No the entire pipe is shot. For the money I paid, I shouldnt have to buy another Y pipe. I paid you almst the cost of this system. You can have it back or talk to Jack and get one for me.

I see! Well lets just let all of our tempors down and try to find a solution. I dont think the test pipe was welded on. The one he's using is a chrome 3.5" that came with his 3.5" BA DP that came from Dan. It has the flange on it so I really dont know why anything would need to be welded. Should bolt right up. I'll butt my way out of this and let you and Austin figure something out. If I need to, I'll just get some 3" pipe and take the time to remake with Y pipe. But, I would honestly think Jack would honor this exhaust. I'm thinking he got a bad batch of pipe that wasnt galvanized on the inside. Thats the only way an aluminized steel pipe is going to turn to rust dust in less than one year.

I see! Well lets just let all of our tempors down and try to find a solution. I dont think the test pipe was welded on. The one he's using is a chrome 3.5" that came with his 3.5" BA DP that came from Dan. It has the flange on it so I really dont know why anything would need to be welded. Should bolt right up. I'll butt my way out of this and let you and Austin figure something out. If I need to, I'll just get some 3" pipe and take the time to remake with Y pipe. But, I would honestly think Jack would honor this exhaust. I'm thinking he got a bad batch of pipe that wasnt galvanized on the inside. Thats the only way an aluminized steel pipe is going to turn to rust dust in less than one year.

After the bashing I got from you about parts I have forgot about. Don't ever try to buy another part from me again! These post make me look like I screw people for a living and that is total bull****. :mad:

I have left a meesage with Jerry for Jack to call me about a Y-pipe. When I hear from him I will let Austin know.