Complete 83 carbed turbo setup -- $400

KendallF

Blah blah blah
I thought I'd list all of this stuff here on TB before I get ambitious and clean, photograph, pack, and list it all on Ebay. That sounds like a pain..and I basically want a clean garage floor.

I just pulled and tore down a complete, running 83 T-type motor (pics here). If you have one of these or want to do a swap into something else, this is your best chance to get ALL of the parts.

I am selling everything EXCEPT the long block. This includes intake, valve covers, turbo, correct "computerized" QJet 4 bbl carburetor, complete ECM and wiring harness, headers w/crossover, downpipe, accessories (alt, A/C compressor), even the smog plumbing and pump if you want it.

It's all as-is, the turbo has significant shaft play and will need a rebuild, and even though I have the radiator and fan shrouds from the car, it was majorly gunked and is probably not worth messing with.

Pickup or a reasonable drive (say, 100 mile radius of Jacksonville, FL) is preferred. I think shipping would be prohibitive although if the whole mess doesn't sell, I'll split and sell selected pieces eventually.

I thought I'd list all of this stuff here on TB before I get ambitious and clean, photograph, pack, and list it all on Ebay. That sounds like a pain..and I basically want a clean garage floor.

I just pulled and tore down a complete, running 83 T-type motor (pics here). If you have one of these or want to do a swap into something else, this is your best chance to get ALL of the parts.

I am selling everything EXCEPT the long block. This includes intake, valve covers, turbo, correct "computerized" QJet 4 bbl carburetor, complete ECM and wiring harness, headers w/crossover, downpipe, accessories (alt, A/C compressor), even the smog plumbing and pump if you want it.

It's all as-is, the turbo has significant shaft play and will need a rebuild, and even though I have the radiator and fan shrouds from the car, it was majorly gunked and is probably not worth messing with.

Pickup or a reasonable drive (say, 100 mile radius of Jacksonville, FL) is preferred. I think shipping would be prohibitive although if the whole mess doesn't sell, I'll split and sell selected pieces eventually.

if your willing to ship and split up parts. how much do you want for the thermostat housing shiped to 60185. send me a pm, because turbo buick is not sending emails out.

You're persistent, aren't you? :D Actually, the thermostat housing wasn't in great shape and I put it in the pile of stuff to get bead blasted. It's at a friend's powdercoating shop along with the valve covers and intake. I don't know how much of it will come back. :eek:

I think if I were you I'd take a straight up SBC aluminum one and weld a small u-bend on for the bypass hose.

OK, I finally took pictures, split all of this stuff up, and put it on Ebay.

fredericksk | eBay

It's all starting cheap; I basically just want it gone and don't want to lose money shipping it out, is all.

I didn't list stuff like the accessories (alt, A/C compressor, fan, smog pump) or the A/C condenser and lines. The A/C was not charged when I disassembled it, condition unknown. If you want any of that stuff it's free but you'll pay my shipping cost. I'll post a link to Flickr when I get a chance to put pics of the non-listed stuff up.

Wow, it''s KendallF!!! Long time no see...Hope all is well on your end.

Hey man, doing well, and you? I've been racing bicycles instead of cars the past few years.. :)