Commader Chip????

black84

I just ordered a commander chip last week for my 87' gn and I recieved it yesterday. When I opended the package, I noticed the instructions were for an "Extender Chip". I was reading the instructions and it stated in the front page that it was from the "Commander series" it also states that it is only for "Maf Translator and Translator Plus equipped vehicles" which mine is not.:mad: What do you guys think is this the right chip I ordered or did Mike at Full Throttle make a mistake? I also advised Mike that the highest octane out here in El Paso is 91. The front cover page of the instructions states 92 octane. I thought when you call in and order a chip they custom make your chip to your specifications? The chip number is BWA24AOF and is labled "Extender". if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated this is my first chip and I don't want to harm my car. P.S chip is for a stock injectors I also just recently bought a fuel pressure regulator and a maf pipe. Thanks for your help.

I hope nobody thinks I'm bashing Mike because I not. Mike is a great guy who helped me out when I called. I'm just a little confused with the chip I got. :confused:

Thanks Turbofrank. I also noticed that the chip came with a wire that you conect to the top of the d11 port of the large connector in the computer and connect that to the grey wire that runs from somewhere in the dash board to the middle councel. Anyother comments from extender chip owners is greatly appreciated. Let me know if this is sounds like the chip you got from Mike. To bad Mike doesn't answer his phone on weekends. :(

I spoke to Mike yesterday and he advised that my new chip was on its way. It turns out that he did give me the wrong chip.:D