Cometic gaskets leaking?

I used a lite coating of hylomar on my cometics (per bill anderson's instructions) and the cylinder head and block deck were lacquer thinner clean. Re-torqued 4 times over a week or so (per ta-performance instructions) no leaks what so ever could not be happier

asloan5, did you drill out the rivets and hylomar between each layer? Any setup time at all before installing?

no rivets are still intact I only gave the outer layers a dusting ...I think one of the key factors besides having the proper deck finish and flatness is having it lacquer thinner clean no oil residue what so ever. no real set up time maybe a couple of minutes it went on very thin when torqued down I'm sure it spreads it out even thinner.

asloan5, did you drill out the rivets and hylomar between each layer? Any setup time at all before installing?

Sean,

I didn't take the rivets out either but I know that some do. I just cleaned the heads and block off with laquer thinner real well and gave both sides of the gasket 3 coats of aerosol hylomar. Torqued the heads (studs ) down in 10 lb increments. I waited 24 hours, backed the nuts off slightly and re-torqued again. Repeated this 24 hours later (again )

Seemed to have worked just fine. No apparent oil or water leaks. I did use the GM coolant pellets in the rad also.

George