column shift car owners enter here

eiuskoalman

i'm curious to know if there is anyone out there that sells a gauge holder that would hold a couple of gauges under the radio (maybe mount where the ash tray is)??? i'd also like to hear about other options i may have for mounting gauges. i already have a boost gauge on the pillar and will NOT mount anything above the radio/ac controls. any of you build some sort of custom holder? care to share some ideas? thanks, aaron

I had a three gauge holder mounted right below the radio (where the ashtray was) and had 3, 2-5/8" gauges there. It didn't look too bad at all.

One guy I know that has two T's fabbed up a bracket that mounts 3 2 5/8 gauges. It bolts to the floor which is what stopped me from doing it. But its the only thing I've seen besides mounting them on the a-pillar or on top of the radio.

I know ATR sells a 3 or 4 gauge holder, a real nice piece that is angled on the bottom I am sure it can be turned upside down and possibly mounted under the radio pod.

Years ago I was thinking of doing that on my white 87 Limited but decided to keep it all stock since the day I bought it from Kirban in 1994.

Best of luck.

i have a 3 gauges on the pillar, i don't know where you get the 2 gauge thing, i've only been able to find 2 gauge ones, mine came with the car... I also have a knock guage on tp of the radio, its about the size of a scan master, not a round gauge. i've been thinking of making some kind a switch thing that replaces the ash tray, it would be able to be pulled out when its needed and pushed in and hidden when not needed. you could do the same with gauges, only i don't know why you would want to hide them other than giving a completely stock look. but unless you want a stock look go with the pillar gauges, its great having them up where you can easly see them.

I wanted the cleanest look possible on my '87 Limited, which meant no exposed gauges. So, I mounted my boost gauge between the headliner and the sunvisor. I double-side-taped the gauge to the sunvisor, with enough slack on the boost line and 12V line to put allow the visor to pivot normally.

The gauge is grounded to the visor mount in the headliner. The boost and 12V lines run up through the A-pillar (as usual), but exit all the way up by the headliner.

Bottom line, with the visor in the up (normal) position, I can glance up at the gauge. The lines aren't visible, since the visor covers all but 1/2" or so of them. The gauge is invisible from outside the car.