coils an modules

TurboGN86

Who makes the best coil and ignition modules? And who sells them? Im tired of the remanufactured crap the parts store sells and only works for afew months if at all.

BWD Type-2, pep boys/autozone/advance auto sells them for about $210 (3 coils and module) lifetime warranty and they test on caspers tester with the gap extenders.

i ran 25psi @6400rpm (not on purpose) and they didnt skip a beat looking at the log.

Attachments

• IMG_1735.jpg
    IMG_1735.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 310
TurboBob is working on a Coil Near Plug setup like on LS motors for our cars... pretty much a plug-n-play setup. I don't think it will be too much longer until they are to market.

TurboBob is working on a Coil Near Plug setup like on LS motors for our cars... pretty much a plug-n-play setup. I don't think it will be too much longer until they are to market.

But they will be a little more $$$ then Autozone...

That bwd system is for the 86-87? I have never seen the seprate coils. Do u have a part number for it. Or know how i can get them to look it up?

That bwd system is for the 86-87? I have never seen the seprate coils. Do u have a part number for it. Or know how i can get them to look it up?

Yea it's for '87, part number for module is CBE103Z, and the coils are E51

Interesting

BWD Type-2, pep boys/autozone/advance auto sells them for about $210 (3 coils and module) lifetime warranty and they test on caspers tester with the gap extenders.

i ran 25psi @6400rpm (not on purpose) and they didnt skip a beat looking at the log.

as TurboBuRuick said, they are 100% plug and play..only thing u will need to do is flip the mounting plate 180* to line it up with the holes

on that style you need to drill the mounting holes to the flat bracket . gm even sold an adapter bracket to convert them from type 1 to type 11 . gnttype.org has the part number listed

So how's the BWD ignition been working out?