coil pack

pisano

i noticed on this persons picture that his plug wires are on the opposite side of mine which is the same as what the sticky says. he has the upgraded coil probably the module too, i just have the newer coil cause nothing was wrong with my module. how should i have my wires?

headgasket%20111.jpg

i noticed on this persons picture that his plug wires are on the opposite side of mine which is the same as what the sticky says. he has the upgraded coil probably the module too, i just have the newer coil cause nothing was wrong with my module. how should i have my wires?

My wires are like yours-reversed from this picture. Brad

headgasket%20111.jpg

i just ordered it now, which way would i turn it to put idle up and which way to turn it down

the scan tool instructions will tell you. i would tell you but i don't have them in front of me right now. lol

i just ordered it now, which way would i turn it to put idle up and which way to turn it down

It is a process od making small adjustments, turning car off then retest and reset. This is done in conjunction with the TPS sensor reset. It takes a little while. Look for the sticky on it. brad

the car runs like a CHAMP when its cold and 12-15 minutes later its a whole new story. if anyone could just point me in a couple of directions as to what it could be id be a happy boy again. car runs bad and i wanna pull my hair out but when its running good shes my baby lol :cool:

the car runs like a CHAMP when its cold and 12-15 minutes later its a whole new story. if anyone could just point me in a couple of directions as to what it could be id be a happy boy again. car runs bad and i wanna pull my hair out but when its running good shes my baby lol :cool:

One common problem of a bad run on warm up is the coil module. What coil module are you running-84/85 or 86/87? Brad

you can literally hear and see the engine just all at once switch to a "im gonna shake and run like shit" mode

It is time to upgrade to the 86/87 ignition system. This involves the Casper coil module wiring harness adaptor, casper mounting bracket, 86/87 coil module. I believe the coil pak can be used on either coil module year. Brad

well i already have the 86/87 coil so that dont matter, is the gen2 any better or is it just to look cool i see them at the junkyard all the time

i bought a new duralast one from autozone is that ok?
is the hotwire in the caspers harness neccessary