Coil pack upgrade...what brand of coil pack & Ignition Control Module should i use.

NachoBlanco

I have a 79 carbed buick motor in a sandrail, i converted it to a 84/85 hot air fuel injection. I have no spark and believe it is being caused by the coil pack or Ignition Control Module. I have read many threads regarding the upgrade to the 86/87 style, and figure I should just bite the bullet and do it now. i I have seen many different brands and model numbers listed. My question is, are all coil packs and Ignition Control Modules created equal. I have found coil packs from $40 to $140. What is your experience, and what brand and model # if possible would be the best to use. thanks.

Thanks for all the PM's, you guys are always a great source. I wanted to clarify my question, is one brand of parts better than another. Here is what I found.

NAPA: = $195.99
Ignition Coil MPE IC28SB $71.99 Motor Parts & Equipment?
Ignition Control Module MPE TP400SB $124.00 Motor Parts & Equipment?

AUTOZONE: = $168.98
Ignition Coil C860 $67.99 Duralast
Ignition Control Module DR143 $100.99 Duralast

ROCK AUTO: = $312.58
Ignition Coil D552 $102.79 ACDELCO
Ignition Control Module DR143 $209.79 ACDELCO

Can I mix and match?

Stick with Delco

IMHO, stick with ACDelco, GM for the parts. I've read many places that your performance gains with aftermarket (~10%) don't warrant the significant increase in cost for nothing but marketing. I did the upgrade using an ACDelco coil and Ignition Control Module with the Casper's harness and mount with great results! Shop around because prices vary significantly as these are very readily available parts. If time is not of the essence (your not going to Glamis this weekend) utilize the sponsors on the front page as the beat Brick and Mortar parts places hands down even with shipping costs.