Coil Pack Issues?

speed1

Hey my readings are as follows off my coil pack 1st pair drivers side = 13.51 2nd pair 13.68 3rd pair ZERO thats right nothing there?????????? What is up ? I tried many many times???? Lemme know what I need??? A new coil pack or a new module?The car runs smooth as is ??? I have not a clue how? Thanks Chrios Again:confused: :confused:

Well for sure the 0 reading indicate a bad coilpack. Checking the module requires a coilpack/module tester. Advance Auto if you have one in your area maybe able to check both.

Another ?

If the coil pack was bad would the car still run fine I mean it runs solid for the most part?????Having no ohms on the 3rd pair would be a module right????:confused:

Re: Another ?

Originally posted by speed1
If the coil pack was bad would the car still run fine I mean it runs solid for the most part?????Having no ohms on the 3rd pair would be a module right????:confused:

Sounds like the windings insulation has worn and the current path is too short internally. I'd put a coil on it before you smoke the module.

This is assumng your fingers werent touching the metal part of the ohmmeter probes while testing. (Your body is partially made up of water and will show low resistance)

Re: Another ?

Originally posted by speed1

If you're car runs perfectly at WOT, and no driveablility problems, I'd guess you don't have a problem. Some reason you decided to ohlm the coilpak? Why do a test that's not reliable. You need a Caspers coilpak/ignition module tester to test the unit. ;)

why I ohmed coil pack

Had a miserable day at the Track (you'll never get my cruddy times out of me) on the last run it seemed like way down the track the car was not pulling any more or like I ran into some mud lots of other things happened to like the clip for my adj wastegate fell off & the MAP sensor line decided to disconnect .Felt like the car may of been stuttering a bit

I just had the EXACT same thing happen to me. Though, my car spits and sputters during high boost or RPM. The coil pack test read 0 on the middle two, but ran fine just cruising down the road. I ordered a new coilpack from Kirbans 49.95. Hopefully, I'll get it tomorrow in the mail. Then I'll let you know the rest.

James

To Bishir

50.00 for a new coil pack sounds awesome is that there regular cost?