Coil Pack and Module

cmokem

Hi everyone
Was considering to replace the coil pack and module, but wanted to know where to purchase a quality unit for a low 12 sec car. Any input would be appreciated

Thanks Bob

Is your coil pack and module bad? You can check it with the Caspers ignition tester. If they are ok you don't need to replace them. Cars running in the tens on the stock stuff. I replaced mine with ones from the auto store. Most people say that only the GM ones are any good. You can get them from Kirbans, Nos4GN, etc. Not cheap. I think I spent 200 for the coil and 200 for the module. I was just replacing parts chasing a problem. Then I bought the Caspers ignition tester and determined that what I had was good. Now I have spares. Some people switch to the TR6.

I am running one from autozone. Worked fine till I pulled the engine and built it. Went bad sitting in a cabinet(Need Boost's failed at same time). They replaced it. It just won't work with my 2 step. Also replaced 3 from advance on a local car, none worked right, got one off fwd out jy.