code 45 check engine

boosted86gn

Hey everyone I need some advise please.I recently had to replaced my turbo from a stock to a pt-51 that I bought a while back from Conley's performance.since I did the swap I've been getting a code-45 on my sc when my check engine light comes on. i changed my plugs (23sgapped at .34) new 02 sensor and my fp is at 39-40.here's what my set up is. .30 bore 3.8 -42lb injectors with chip-rjc power plate plenum & tb- acufab fpr-comp cams 221-221 at.050 duration. Scan master. Ported and polished stock heads. Stock trans.stock rearend . sc readings are. af-05-06. L8-36.bat 12.5. Int-111. Bl-105.clt -180.ats110. Rpm-850.tps.-.44 iac-32. one more thing my check engine light comes on then goes off after a couple of minutes driving .any advise would be greatly appreciated thanks.

You have a super rich condition going on with the car. Your BL at 105 means the ecm is trimming as much fuel as possible. I also noticed your voltage is low at 12.5 should be much higher than that like 14.4 or near it. Maybe its not enough juice to get a proper spark to the plugs... Other things to look for are bad wires, faulty FPR or leaking injectors. Have the correct chip for the 42's I assume also. One last thing on the voltage issue... with the key one engine off look at the idiot lights on the cluster up on the upper left hand side and check to make sure that your "VOLT" light is on and not burned out...

Thanks for the info buddy.come to think of it,I do have a slight miss lately.it just might be a spark plug wire.they're MSDs and I've had them over six years now.thought changing my plugs would fix it but it didn't.

Thanks for the info buddy.come to think of it,I do have a slight miss lately.it just might be a spark plug wire.they're MSDs and I've had them over six years now.thought changing my plugs would fix it but it didn't.
No problem but make sure you check that volt light as its vital to your car.. Believe it or not, the charging system runs through that bulb. Check to make sure its not burned out or you will be stranded on the road one day. You wanna see a higher voltage readout on your scanmaster display.

Well I found that my voltage bulb is out.I will replace it today hopefully that cures my low voltage readings. I also replaced my spark plug wires, reset the ecm .code45 still there.however I did notice an exhaust leak coming from the gasket under the turbo that connects to the manifold which the o2 is plugged right above it. Could that be the cause of code 45 popping up?

I think the voltage problem my have been the cause of your problems. Replacing wires was a good idea too. As for the leak, it would actually make your BL go higher since it would be reading unmetered air in the exhaust stream Causing a lean condition. Tighten it up either way since leaks are always bad.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TurboBuick mobile app

Well I found that my voltage bulb is out.I will replace it today hopefully that cures my low voltage readings. I also replaced my spark plug wires, reset the ecm .code45 still there.however I did notice an exhaust leak coming from the gasket under the turbo that connects to the manifold which the o2 is plugged right above it. Could that be the cause of code 45 popping up?

ok the volt light is next.lol hopefully that's the cure .if not I'll start looking at the injectors.thanks again.