Code 42 running problem

Bobs rare 6

Have a cust. 84 gn with previous mods of 86-87 ecm 86-87 ign. mod. blue tops, etc. Have put turbo tweak chip in and noticed serv. eng soon bulb pulled out. Put in bulb and code 42 on. ck. ecm wiring and tan/blk wire at d5 conn. cut! Put wire back and code gone but runs terrible like no timing. Guess that's why someone pulled wire. Any input on this effect as I am second hand on this. Maf also reads high and runs rich but I think new maf will cure this. Thanks, Bob.

What I need to know is why runs so bad when by-pass wire hooked up. The 42 is because the wire tan[blk has been cut at ecm throwing code. But hooked back up no code but will barely run?

Also noticed maf reading high so tried another and still runs around 10-13 grams at idle. Seems like connection between maf reading double and by-pass est wire connected runs really bad like timing super retarded. any suggestions other than I am going to re ck power and grounds? Thanks, Bob.

Try the link, then you can click on the definition of the code for more details and you might find what you are looking for.