code 13- o2 ?

1nadrag

My car is showing code 13( 02 sensor circuit oen ). Does this mean it is time to replace it. I use unleaded gas and alky.
Thanks Tom

Whens the last time you changed it? Try to reset the ECM by disconnect the orange plug at battery or disconnect the batery for a few min. If it still throws a code I will assume its time for a replacement.

warm the engine up to operating temp and take a volt reading at the O2 sensor. If the reading is locked, it is possible that your O2 sensor is dead. You can also see if the computer has the ability to respond to the sensor signal by: grabbing a hold of the signal wire (in one hand ) and touching the positive terminal of the battery with your other hand, then look (on your scanner) to see if the O2 volts are rising and the engine begins to run lean. So that coupled with a locked reading probably points to a dead sensor.

Just out of curiosity did you happen to mix-up one of the sparkplug wires?? I did this once last year and popped a code 13 right away. The car would hardly run. Just a thought.
Mike