Cobra gets peer pressured

S

SITHV6

This is my first of many posts to come. (pre-further mods)
I had just come back from a friends race shop and on my way home when i came to a stop at one of a few last remaining traffic lights, when a black 98+mustang pulls behind me. i look in my rear view and dont think much of it until I see the passenger heatedly pointing to my rear window sticker reading "FRIENDS DONT LET FRIENDS DRIVE FORDS". He made this obvious to his driver and i could just make out a "Are you going to let him get away with that?!" So the driver then pulls up along side me and lo'and behold its a cobra with 24Kt gold plated emblems. Of course he revs at me. I see the passenger got quieter when he noticed my hood mounted fuel pressure gage and Cragar pro stars and BGC street/drag tires.I guess he was expecting something that couldnt fight back, like a grocery getter or a Honda! He stopped his reving and im wondering whats on his mind and gave him a second to realize i'm not a garden variety 14sec regal. I asked myself if i should spool up and got a response of "DO NOT FIRE UNTIL FIRED UPON!" Light turns green and this guy nails it and gets about a good 2-3 cars on me! With no boost and drag shoes i punch it and within no time i stop him from pulling away an inch more. he squawked second gear and thought he had me, his passenger was litterally dancing in his seat! Before he could chirp his 3rd gear, i was already along side him and waved my fingers "bye-bye" through the top of my cracked open tinted windows just as his 3rd was slammed home.NO CONTEST! At the final light he pulls along side and the driver asks "what does it run?" I told him "11.70's, I'll be doing 10's by the end of the month!" The driver glares at his passenger who's now avoiding his eyes and glancing over my buick for something he might have missed that could have kept him from spurring his friend to a race!

nice kill....was wondering that same chip/dfi question, and about the mega intake, but you also have kennebell ram air??

Originally posted by TylerDurden
nice kill....was wondering that same chip/dfi question, and about the mega intake, but you also have kennebell ram air??

The DFI is a bit pricey so i'll be using the Kenne Bell chip the moment the engine is running,so i can drive it around town again. The DFI will go in as soon as i cough up enough for it and a laptop to program it. The mega Flow intake really looks trick with the billet fuel rails and taller intake runners. LOTS of EVEN flow. The injector angles are perfect. I even went so far as to send the intake to JET HOT to have coated with their silver luster to keep the heat off. It's a well designed addition and shows youre serious at the local car shows. The Kenne Bell ram air is a tight fit, so i removed the canister and replaced it with a K&N but left the air ducting to allow fresh air to wash over the filter. BGC has a ram kit im curious about.

Originally posted by ONLYA6
Sorry dude, not trying to be an a-hole, but it's "UPON"

Jacob

It was 3 or so in the morning when i posted i was a little sleepy!...lol now if i can figure out how to edit my signature ill be able to change it....but thanks again!

I beleive this would explain why he is running a chip with *dfi*

motor is apart w/new mods in works
+30 forged pistons
200+/200+ cam
TE62 .82
3.73/or 3.90....?
unused Kenne BELL Hot Flash chip
roll cage and frame braces
SSM traction bars
Accel/Speedpro DFI

problably because his motor is apart and he is planning on new mods :)