Clutches for rebuild

MSDGN

Had my trans(200-4R) rebuilt years ago on my 87 GN because it was slipping a little. Got a mild rebuild, no billet parts. Well, the forward drum shaft snapped which seems to be pretty common. I'm tearing it apart and rebuilding myself. Basically just replacing forward drum, clutches, seals, gaskets. The rebuild only had about 5000 miles on it so everything looks brand new. It has Alto Red clutches in it and I'd like to just replace them with the same ones. I've read that the Alto Red and Kolene Steels aren't really needed for a mild rebuild but is there any downside to using them?

What ever yo do dont go with the kit that has more clutches and the steels are thinner! That setup loses its ability to wick heat away from the steels being so thin. Also dual feed the direct clutches as well. of course youll need a billet shafted forward drum which sounds like your getting anyway.

Had my trans(200-4R) rebuilt years ago on my 87 GN because it was slipping a little. Got a mild rebuild, no billet parts. Well, the forward drum shaft snapped which seems to be pretty common. I'm tearing it apart and rebuilding myself. Basically just replacing forward drum, clutches, seals, gaskets. The rebuild only had about 5000 miles on it so everything looks brand new. It has Alto Red clutches in it and I'd like to just replace them with the same ones. I've read that the Alto Red and Kolene Steels aren't really needed for a mild rebuild but is there any downside to using them?
I stopped using alto frictions 24 years ago. I can set you up with parts. Give me a call if you like.