clicking noise after converter install

jamier

hey all just a question, I just put in a orange stripe converter in my rebuilt 200 4r. I checked all connections bolts to make sure everything was tight and proper and all was, I started to hear a clicking noise/ maby a ticking coming from what sounds like the converter. the converter is a used unit that I had checked and flushed about a month ago. I'm on the fence with this 1 and don't know whats going on. the car ran fine with the stock converter, I changed it because I am running a te-60 and needed a bit more converter to match the turbo any help appreciated jamie

forgot to mention

i also disconnected the electronic plug for the lockup on the driverside of the tranny thinking maby the converter was staying locked up at my friends advice. even with it disconnected there is still a noise coming from the tranny. I took the car out for a blast or two and it shifted fine and no noise right after the install , the noise only started after I shut the car down and let it sit for abit...

are you sure the torque converter bolts did not back out ? I bought a car with a noise like this and it was a backed out converter bolt hitting the block.

I put the car back up on the lift the check everythink and everything was tight. The converter is making the noise in all gears except park and neutral it's also doing it at idle but is louder under a load, I'm thinking of going swap in the original converter to see if the problem goes away but this is a last option since i'm tired of swapping the converter, this will be time # 4.

Bet it is a cracked rotor or...

hey all just a question, I just put in a orange stripe converter in my rebuilt 200 4r. I checked all connections bolts to make sure everything was tight and proper and all was, I started to hear a clicking noise/ maby a ticking coming from what sounds like the converter. the converter is a used unit that I had checked and flushed about a month ago. I'm on the fence with this 1 and don't know whats going on. the car ran fine with the stock converter, I changed it because I am running a te-60 and needed a bit more converter to match the turbo any help appreciated jamie

The neck of the converter cracked. Common issue. But I bet the rotor has cracked in the pump. Worth cking anyway.
Hope this helps.
Bruce
We4
Performance Transmission Services

thanks for the replies... and looking for 3000 stall opinions????

Yea I ended up swapping in the stock converter and all is fine. I had a few problems with this converter and will prob just scrap it and look for a new 3000 stall with l/u any suggestions on a good performance level brand opinions????? the car is in the low 11's and I want something that will be good in the 10's. again thanks all

You may want to inquire about..

Yea I ended up swapping in the stock converter and all is fine. I had a few problems with this converter and will prob just scrap it and look for a new 3000 stall with l/u any suggestions on a good performance level brand opinions????? the car is in the low 11's and I want something that will be good in the 10's. again thanks all

Our Billet 9X11 converter. Would work GREAT in your application.
Product Information
Product Information
Product Information
Call us if we can be of service to you. This converter has alot of great feedback.
Let us know if we can help you
916-739-0510
m-f 9-5
Bruce
WE4
Performance Transmission Services