cleaning up the engine bay.

1dollardog

Are we there yet?
Hey guys. I've been putting my tt hotair back together (again) haha. I've swapped out the intake and had to replace a cracked heater core and cracked the fiberglass cover in the process so I had to replace that also. Ive been replacing vacuum lines with hard lines and painting the engine bay and detailing the engine a little. My set up is different than any out there and was really coming together and running great when I got bored and started this project back in the winter. I'm planning on installing a billet serpantine set up if I can find one but it looks like I might need to build one from scratch. ANYWAY long story short I have cleaned up the engine bay with my set up but I have a question about the sensors/vacuum lines that are attatched to the drivers side valve cover. What exactly do they do and can they be done away with without causing problems? Also,can the coolant lines going to and from the throttle body be removed? Do they aid the IAC sensor? I can leave these items with no problem but it would look cleaner with out them.
Thanks,
Steve

I removed the TB heater lines long ago and taped the two steel inserts and pluged them with nice bolts or you could just loop one of the lines to the other. They only help get the car up to temp faster.

I removed the TB heater lines long ago and taped the two steel inserts and pluged them with nice bolts or you could just loop one of the lines to the other. They only help get the car up to temp faster.
Well, I can do without that.... Now how about the vacuum lines and the sensors on the driver side valve cover?

You Do not need that either That is the vacuum boost control,If you have an adjustible west gate.