cleanest hot air setup

sailor77

Who has the cleanest hot air setup? Show me pics so I can get some ideas of how good mine can look. Thanks

I don't know if mine is the cleaniest but I'll get you some photos so you have some ideas.

Hey...I was first in line!!! lol... Jamie, let me know what you think of my intake!!

www.my84t-typenj.50megs.com

Go to the pics page and they'll be at the bottom...I think I may have a pic in the restoration details page too!

Next step is powerwashing the engine compartment, and degreasing! I am also beginning the suspension and mounts too.

John

Hey I emailed them to everyone. Let me know what you think. John the intake looks good. Should be original.

Mine actually started out worse then that. I don't have a host site to post photos, maybe racemybuick will put them up on his site. I don't have any before that I can remember, they might be on the puter downstairs. I did try to keep a journal of all the work that was done.

Hands down Lee Thompson has the cleanest engine bay of any hot air I've seen.

6X2's you're is right there though. Thanks for the idea on how to route belts for an electric water pump. I've been meaning to put one on and haven't put the brain power into re-routing belts yet.

What is in place of the A/C compressor? Vaccuum pump?

My mechanical evac pump. I was running one on a fuse last year but kept burning the darn things up. This is also the result of My Husband and his ability to create mods. Mine is more or less configured from Lee's. However we have implemented a few of our own ideas, such as the electric water pump and evac. (being individual is more fun anyway) I have to apologize it's a little dusty from sitting usually I have a nice gloss on everything. :D

Hey Jamie...I only got one pic that you sent me, but I saw all the others. i will try to post them asap. You guys and girls have to see my twins new car!!! we are starting another hot air project. His modest goals of mid to high 12's is in range, as soon as the $$$ comes in. Here is the link: www.myfirstbuickt-type.50megs.com It is a couple pages, and has a few pics of the work we just started. not too shabby for a pair of novices!

John

hey jamie...I tried uploading those pics onto my website, but the pictures will not work for some reason. Can you send them one by one to me? thank you!!!

John

Too the top. Need to prove a point, since mine is so far from stock appearing and I supposedly have SO MUCH MONEY invested in it. :mad:

Hey Jamie, is that hood insulator original or a replacement? If it's a replacement where did you get it? Or am I just way out of the loop? I thought those weren't available.

I bought that a while ago and I know that the place in florida that does these will make you a hot air one with the protective plate. Have your local dealer do a search there may still be one out there available. But you are right they are discontinued. :D

Originally posted by turbo6x2
Too the top. Need to prove a point, since mine is so far from stock appearing and I supposedly have SO MUCH MONEY invested in it. :mad:

Somebody talking sh!t?

no shiot talkin here, just a bit of confusion as per the value of on 11 sec Hot Air. I think Jamie needs a hug. :D And if it'll make you feel any better Jamie, My father called and told me my car is taking up space in his garage, and even if it were running, it's still a P.O.S!!!.....lol...my dad grew up with chevelles and impala's and all that, so he has no idea that the "FORCED INDUCTION" world is truely the dominant force. ;)

Oh well, either they are too much money, or not worth spit!!!

John

hey nice work so far for those of u that spend ur time in them but what really got my attention was about that electric water pump u have turbo6x2 i read u gave out some instruction and routings to get this done i am really interested in doing this if u still have any info avavilable for me to change it to a electric pump please let me know or just email me wit the info and who makes that electric water pump for our cars thanx alot sorry to get off subject