Classic FAST Q's: IAT and TPS setup, drivability issues??

Got a chance to pull the plugs today. They are all black and probably fouled. This would explain the rough and rich idle and clearing up at higher rpms?? I'm thinking this was caused by the bad 02 sensor. The sensor did not look much better, black.

Any other thoughts what might have caused this?

I have a good 02 sensor and going to try new plugs today.

Attachments

• 2011-06-29_23-13-03_927....jpg
    2011-06-29_23-13-03_927....jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 160
Ya thats were i would start new plugs new o2 sensor...the bad sensor can do that.

Got an update and figured things out finally.

Put new plugs in and a know good wideband sensor and after 5 min of idle, they got black from dumping fuel at idle. :mad:

I got on the phone with Cal and he was able to figure out my problem within 10 min of looking at things on the dash board. I had two issues. The problem started with my wideband going out intermittantly and my map sensor was a bad now also. The wideband would not heat up and would be stuck at 14.5. I got a got a good wideband sensor and the problem continued. Now my MAP sensor was bad because it was reading around 114 at idle and key on, but car off. Cal said it was reading about 2lbs of boost higher when it shouldn't have and giving more fuel. MAP should be around mide 90's.. My voltage on the green wire of the MAP sensor was about 1.85 instead of 1.5. I borrowed a good MAP sensor and the car drivers fine now.

I figured I post this just in case someone is going through similar issues.

Thanks for all your help Cal and everyone else. :wink: