classic fast lost map sensor signal

turbo6man

Hi I am having a problem with my classic fast. I started it and the motor was idling erratic. I looked at the fuel map and found the real time bubble was stuck on the bottom of the map. It would go from left to right as the rpm's would increase or decrease but it would not move up or down with vac or boost. I checked the wires at the map sensor and I have key 5V and ground. The output wire to the computer is at 1.6V when the key is in the on position and motor is not running, and when I put a small air compressor to the map it goes to 4.9V at about 28psi (it is a 3 bar map) I checked this voltage right to where it goes into the fast box(pin A1) and it has the same voltages as stated above. Seems like it is internal in the fast doesn't it? Is there another reference ground I could of lost or does it use the same ground as the map sensor uses? What do you think? I sent Craig Smith a pm but was also wondering what you guys thought. It is just my luck I am getting the car ready for Cool April nights in Redding on next Friday, and I was getting it ready for the races and car show and I was really looking forward to it :frown:

Do you know if the return sensor voltage is getting to the box through the harness?

EDIT - Sorry , should have read it twice.

Allan G.

How much voltage do you have going to the box, ignition volts? whats it show.

Figured it out

Ok We got it figured out, I found out from Bison and then Craig also backed it up. Soooo c-com has a bug and when you change the dashboard and it does not have RPM and KPA it can do this. I tried to put them back to the Main dashboard but it did not work so I re-installed c-com software from the F.A.S.T. website and it is working fine now. Thanks to everyone I really appreciate it.