Classic Fast and datalogger

landracing

Group,

I am in dire need of some help. I have a classic fast and datalogger. However, no jumper harness to connect the datalogger to PCM. Fast does not sale this harness anymore. So I dont mind making the jumper but I do have some questions.

1. Anybody have detailed pictures of what this harness looks like.
2. How do you exactly pull the data out of logger. In this type of setup from what I understand that is runs in series. So the jump would have to be unplugged from ECU and extract data direct from logger? Otherwise how can you hook up your computer?
3. Both of the grounded wires for initializing logger goto ground correct?

4. Anybody have a harness that want to part with. Pictures would be excellent for me to see how it is hooked into system, how you retrieve the data, and what the pinouts look like.

I seem to find that many many people even though old system are in need of this harness??? Any help is appreciated. I just acquired this data logger and want it to have it on our streamliner before we go next week. Brand new Stage II 180 CI Aluminum block motor put together. Just not tuning it, but the data logger information would be beneficial. We used a put a spare laptop in the car and hit the spacebar to record live during hte run.
jkamo@comcast.net

Jon

Group,

I am in dire need of some help. I have a classic fast and datalogger. However, no jumper harness to connect the datalogger to PCM. Fast does not sale this harness anymore. So I dont mind making the jumper but I do have some questions.

1. Anybody have detailed pictures of what this harness looks like.

It is a simple 3 wire harness with a 3 pin metri-pac female connector with male pins on each end

2. How do you exactly pull the data out of logger. In this type of setup from what I understand that is runs in series. So the jump would have to be unplugged from ECU and extract data direct from logger? Otherwise how can you hook up your computer?

That is correct. You configure the data logger with your laptop. Then you use the jumper and datalog a pass. When you get back to the pits, you unplug the jumper and plug yoour laptop in and retreive the log. It will flash both lights slowly when it's armed. Flash both lights rapidly when it's logging. And, flash one light slowly when it has data.

3. Both of the grounded wires for initializing logger goto ground correct?

Yes

4. Anybody have a harness that want to part with. Pictures would be excellent for me to see how it is hooked into system, how you retrieve the data, and what the pinouts look like.

I seem to find that many many people even though old system are in need of this harness??? Any help is appreciated. I just acquired this data logger and want it to have it on our streamliner before we go next week. Brand new Stage II 180 CI Aluminum block motor put together. Just not tuning it, but the data logger information would be beneficial. We used a put a spare laptop in the car and hit the spacebar to record live during hte run.

There should be a bunch of spare harnesses out there. These loggers were prone to failure, hence the leftover harnesses.
jkamo@comcast.net

Jon

Great information. So here is the deal I can send information to the logger just fine and I can of course communicate with ecu. My problem is when I ground the violet wire it immediately shows the red light. Never flashes green or anything. I am bench testing this on vehicle with PCM powered up but vehicle not running would that be an issue. Thanks for any help. One more thing when I power data logger I do get steady green light red only shows when I ground violet wire.

Thanks Jon