CK Transmission Parts

SS/GN

I purchased all my hard parts and book from CK and was very pleased with the parts, directions and input. I know there are a few good builders on here and I don't want this to get into who is best thread. The parts were very good quality and his book is very helpful and a good read. The support and questions answered after the purchase was vey helpful. Chris is always busy but takes the time to answer the phone and any questions that I had. I have built tranny's at a dealership for 9 years and learned lots on this build. I would say this is not an easy build for a first time trany build and did require the purchase of a few tools and I was lucky to use a friends tranny shop for the build. This tranny shifts nice but not the neck snapping ,clunky shifts I have had in the past.( Not vendor shift kits) Hope this helps others.

I purchased all my hard parts and book from CK and was very pleased with the parts, directions and input. I know there are a few good builders on here and I don't want this to get into who is best thread. The parts were very good quality and his book is very helpful and a good read. The support and questions answered after the purchase was vey helpful. Chris is always busy but takes the time to answer the phone and any questions that I had. I have built tranny's at a dealership for 9 years and learned lots on this build. I would say this is not an easy build for a first time trany build and did require the purchase of a few tools and I was lucky to use a friends tranny shop for the build. This tranny shifts nice but not the neck snapping ,clunky shifts I have had in the past.( Not vendor shift kits) Hope this helps others.
Did you get the master rebuild? Looking to grab it this week.

No I ordered stuff that I can't buy up here local (Canada) Shipping kills us . Chris sold me everything I could not buy from my buddies tranny shop.

Are you done with the manual now? I am looking to buy one.

Jeff

Do yourself a favour and buy a new one. Read it once and then read it and highlight all the important details. This book is worth ever penny. I am pretty sure Chris still has some in stock

I totally agree with your comments about Chris and CK transmission. BUT.........I have one complaint about his book. The print is TOO darn small!!!! I have to clean my glasses and look real close to read the print. Maybe its my old eyes, or the darn bi-focals.

Having been a Professional Technical Writer at one point in my career, I know exactly how much work it takes to write this kind of manual. Chris did a great job.

x4 on the book. I read it several times and referred to it many times during and after my build. There is nothing else like it for the 2004r. I didn't do everything suggested and did some things that weren't in the book. I am super pleased with the trans. After three different dealers and a local builder couldn't make it live in the eighties I gave up and went to a 700r4. It lasted 20 yrs but I knew there had to be a way to make a 2004r live. Many had gone way faster than I had with stock stuff. I will admit I "might" have abused it when new. "No, mr service manager, that isn't rubber in the wheel wells and on the quarter panel, they are repaving my street." But every time it hits the crisp 2-3 shift I am thrilled with the trans. I never would have attempted an overhaul without the book. Well worth what I paid.

I'm not saying anyone can build one, but it isn't the "Magic" some make it out to be. I bought the low/rev tool(OK, three of them, I got carried away. I'm a toolaholic too. Each is different.) This is the best forum for general 2004r knowledge. Many different builders answer questions. Thank you to each and every one of you(you know who you are) who take the time to help us goof balls make the trans shift.

If you have trouble post up or pm some one. They helped me and I am glad to share what I have learned. If you can get the trans in and out you are more than capable to overhaul one.