Civic goes down HARD!

87gn/92ty

This wasnt in my buick, but it just goes to show a ricer will race anything, and they think they can win! I was driving back from the bank on Hwy 85 here ( a open hwy kinda in the middle of no where) with my girlfriend in my 91 NSX. A 2001 or so Civic SI fully Ricer preped, I mean fart can, a pillar guages( I think one was actually an airfreshner!) wants to race from a 65 roll. Now I know my NSX is not fast but it has one hell of a top end.

So he proceeds to down shift and rev and pull on me. I just laughed until my GF asked if I was going to let him kick my ass. So I downshift to second and hammer it. Up shfit to third and blow by him hard and I just keep on it, to teach him a lesson. Another couple shifts and Im going 150, so I shut it down.

We just happen to get to a light and he pulls up next to me and revs again. Just then a State Patrol Expedition pulls next to be and behind him and tells me to pull over to the side of the road. So I do, but the ricer keeps going and pulls over about 200 yards up the HWY. The trooper choose to follw him, so I pulled of a side road from the HWYand doubled back home and put ther car away. Thanking the lucky god of street racing that I didnt get my dumb ass hauled off to jail. I am pretty sure he had to have lost his license and maybe got hauled off himself. It just goes to show that civic owner think they have the fastest cars on the road!

Mike

hey got any pics of your NSX as you say there not extremely fast but there nice and i hear they handle excellent at high speeds

And the NSX's garner alot more voluntary front end nudity from females than our old Montes'.

Hey everyone

Hard to miss the tall spoilers on the civic racers..........read on........

Being the typical smart butt that I can be I was pumping gas and I asked a civic racer this..... Q) Is it fast? A) yeah, uh yea... Q) how fast is it? A) faster that a corvette!!!! Q) Ever race a Buick grand national? A) What is that????? I did not respond.... Q) Does that rear spoiler help you on the top end? A) It helps at all speeds.
HERE I GO Q) WHY WOULD YOU PUT A SPOILER ON THE REAR OF YOUR CAR WHEN IT IS FRONT WHEEL DRIVE? That spoiler creates downforce. Are you trying to lift your car up? Let me guess... It helps spin the front wheels by lifting the front up....... Civic racer has a blank stare to the ground...... :eek: Hey kid, better read up on Grand Nationals............ :cool:

A rear wing can be an asset to handling at high speed even for an FWD car since it plants the rear better, assuming the car can get sufficient speed to allow the wing (if it is properly set up) to do its job.

However, most Civics can't even begin to come close to utilizing the downforce of a wing because the owner has them so freakin' huge they are more like trying to drag a billboard down the highway, flat side against the wind.

On top of that, most Civics can not get enough speed out of their weedeater motors to get much above 90 mph, a speed at which downforce is irrelevant since the wing can not generate enough of it.

Civics + Huge Wings = :rolleyes:

So far nothing helps the civics at go faster.................then it must be the stickers!!!!!!!!!!

87 GN
89TTA
94 Z-28 SS clone

Bimota SB8rs

as for the female nudity this is very true my GF loved the NSX but not so much the GN. Shw was sad to see it go. That car did get me more play than a GN every could. It did handle awesome at any speed, I did things with that car that blew my mind. It was smooth as can be all the way to 160. If anyone wants pics e-mail me I can send some.

Mike

What? Of your girlfriend nude with the NSX? :eek: :D

I raced a Civic at the track that ran 13.9. It looks pretty much stock and doesn't have a wing or fart can, just a turbo. I talk to the guy sometimes on a local board and he's pretty cool. He is far and away the exception to the rule, though.

I have learned that u can pretty much make any car fast nowadays... but I don't think a car is worth modding unless it can post high 13s or low 14s bone stock.

My monte carlo, which is carptasic compared to a TR, will kill basicly every honda/mazda...

Lol

Originally posted by jswmotor
Hey everyone

Hard to miss the tall spoilers on the civic racers..........read on........

Being the typical smart butt that I can be I was pumping gas and I asked a civic racer this..... Q) Is it fast? A) yeah, uh yea... Q) how fast is it? A) faster that a corvette!!!! Q) Ever race a Buick grand national? A) What is that????? I did not respond.... Q) Does that rear spoiler help you on the top end? A) It helps at all speeds.
HERE I GO Q) WHY WOULD YOU PUT A SPOILER ON THE REAR OF YOUR CAR WHEN IT IS FRONT WHEEL DRIVE? That spoiler creates downforce. Are you trying to lift your car up? Let me guess... It helps spin the front wheels by lifting the front up....... Civic racer has a blank stare to the ground...... :eek: Hey kid, better read up on Grand Nationals............ :cool:

Damn, this reminds me of a story. Well, I was over at the Midas shop getting a pipe for "off road" use (heheh) and I'm standing there, this guy's fitting a Honda with a fart can. It's got the usual wing, rims etc. and I look over and ask the guy installing it "what's the point of having a 4 inch exit on an exhaust that doesn't have a 2 inch inlet?" He was like "I don't know" When we're towards the back one of the other guys was like "he was right there and heard you" I got the most baffled look from the bloke when I was walking out with my track pipe. :D

350ci: do a GN drivetrain swap on the monte, it'd be badass. I've always wanted to see an SS that was LC2 powered.

Hey ,

When did this civc, neon, crx, etc begin? I am 34 young and grew up on GN's Camaro's, Mustangs,Trans Am's, Novas etc. Still have TTA,GN and SS Camaro(blown). Guys and some girls raced for big money. Blown drag cars and $5,000 plus on the line. I dont understand it If they (kids today) race imports and want to be the fastest car then why dont they get a good starting point? Sure some imports are great, NSX is out of $$$ reach with most young kids, 300ZX TT and RX-7 TT are good buys now but they seem to have faded also. Supra TT still is way up on the overall value. Did the Eclipse/Talon all wheel drive turbo start this all by its self with hondas and noen following later on?? I sell cars part time as a second business. I can buy any CRX with wheels and a Camaro Z-28. The CRX will sell 3 times as fast. Strange how things change.

Modifying a 300ZX and RX7 isnt cheap. I dont know why people are so gun hoe on civics. They can get a turbo, awd, DSM for the same price and instantly be a h3ll of alot faster. Then do the $50 worth of cheap & free modifications to it and they are faster than a Civic with 3,000 into performance parts. I was thinking about buying an older civic hatch for well under $1,000 and stripping it for my pos car that would get over 30mpg.

Nick

Originally posted by jswmotor
When did this civc, neon, crx, etc begin?

There are alot of guys that were into the import scene back when the CRX came out. It has grown from there. Then the ricer's have transitioned from there. A stripped turbo'ed B16 in a CRX will be one quick car. Fortunatly there are people out there that think this way and not that neons make it fastah. I wish APC would die.

Nick

The fast and the Furious movies didn't help set kids straight much either...thats when a lot of the insanity went mainstream and people really started becoming confused.

I was thinking about buying an older civic hatch for well under $1,000 and stripping it for my pos car that would get over 30mpg.

Nick

i was thinking about doing this too, but havent found one for a $1,000 yet

Joshua