Cigars

turbojitsu85

Anyone on the board here smoke cigars? I had a co-worker that recently had a baby and he passed out cigars. I don't smoke cigerattes so I was very suprised that I liked it. Just curious as to what everyone that smokes these on a regular likes because there are so many diffrent cigars out there I'm not sure whats good.

Monti Cristo number II's - Torpedo tip, straight from Cuba.
IMO - The very best cigar money can buy. I enjoy about 1 per week.

Illegal in the USA, but easily purchased in the internet.
Since my wife and kids hate smoke of anykind, I have to enjoy them outside. Not a problem now that the weather is nice !!

I wouldn't mind knowing what a "good" cigar is either!

I quit smoking cigs almost 3 years ago, but then I started on "little" cigars. Mostly Swisher Sweets until I tried Sixty-Ones, which were pretty good (and cheap at $9 a carton!)

I gave them up about 2 months ago, I need to pass a nicotine test so I can get my life insurance benefits increased (was told it takes about 6 months)

and the minute I pass, I want to celebrate with a GOOD CIGAR!! :D

I only smoke them on the golf course. I, too, like the flavored Swisher Sweets. I just can't stand to buy them. "Yeth, I'd like thome Thwisher Thweets, please"

Most of the Arturo Fuentes are good. My personal favorite brand is Punch. Other good cigars are Ashton, Diamond Crown, Sancho Panza, Puros Indios and Romeo Julieta just to name a few. Cubans are usually too strong for a beginner (heck some of them even make me queasy) I usually spend $5-$7 for a cigar, but once in a while I'll splurge for a Punch Grand Cru ($11.50) or a Fuente Hemingway ($10) Fuente Opus X (fugeddabowdit $25+)

I like Backwood Mild and Natural cigars. The regular - none of the flavored.

5 bucks for 8. Has that Clint Eastwood look to 'em. They have a somewhat uneven burn but the taste is great.

Only problem I have is I inhale stogies.:rolleyes:

Small ones I use are Backwoods, Swisher Sweets ( I don't ask for them I go and find 'em), Wolf Bros Rum Crooks.

Large ones I like are Fuente, Ashton, AVO, Don Diego, Partagas and of course anything with a shade grown Connecticut wrapper. :)

Garcia Vegas Crystals 200's aren't bad and widely available as well.

Smoke only 50 a year or so of the big ones.

Buy online much cheaper than most stores and bars.

What is a web site that you can buy cigars from. I found one once that was flavored and I cannot find it anymore. I do enjoy them once in a while to and they have to be flavored. Once you start to smoke them reguarly they are great.

Only thing I ever smoke is cigars.
Couple places you may want to check out: www.cigarcigar.com or www.bestcigarprices.com

My Favs: Montecristo #3 (churchill)
Onyx
Romeo y Julieta (Romeo #2)

So many more to list. They all have their unique flavors. Tough to find just one. Onyx are quickly becoming my favs though

Does anyone inhale these big dogs? I was always under the impression not to but I always inhale the Black and Milds and others like them. Just never the big stogies. I have a chance to get some good Cuban's over here before I take off. Just don't know what to get.

Originally posted by tta1401
Does anyone inhale these big dogs? I was always under the impression not to but I always inhale the Black and Milds and others like them. Just never the big stogies. I have a chance to get some good Cuban's over here before I take off. Just don't know what to get.

Yes!

Originally posted by tta1401
Does anyone inhale these big dogs?

Yes, when they are good. I like PArtagas myself. And when it's a good one, I just can't help inhaling it.

I have a chance to get some good Cuban's over here before I take off. Just don't know what to get.

Partagas.

Yes, Partagas #10. My dad let me take a couple puffs when I was about 12 yrs. old. He told me, "Son, these are the best you can get!". I actually just had one about a couple a days ago from a guy that aquired a couple. Told me it was a Partagas and said hell yea, I will take that! I forget what kind of Partagas but it was good. Just had to see what the hype was about cigars made in Cuba. Now I know. Pretty strong too. I tried to inhale but man, it was a little to strong for me. I will have to get some more for me and my pops to reminisce about the war on. It won't be the # 10's but I think he will be very happy. Especially when they say "Made in Cuba" on the tube.;) All the cigars that they sell around here are Cubans. Gonna check out the area tomorrow and see what others they have. I just have to keep my senses up if you know what I mean. Never can be to careful over here.

I had a law enforcement friend who nabbed a fellow coming from Cuba via Honduras with the biggest cigars I'd ever seen - a foot long and an inch or more in ring. The fellow had tube pockets sewn into his coat, and it was a lucky stroke my friend found them. They were the most incredible smoke ever.
If you don't mind spending some dough, the Cigar Connection in Miami (305-531-7373) has some excellent chocolate cigars. They are $75 for 50 (or 25?), but are worth every penny. Not only is the smoke great, but the taste is better. They mail all over. I think they make the cigars right there, and other cigars I've had from them were good too. Also, Key West has a lot of good little cigar makers, but out of the way.
Remember, not all Cuban cigars are good, and some are horrible.

I've only had a Cuban once. It was a Partagas and I got it in France when I visited there a couple years ago.

It was good, but didn't seem much stronger than the non-Cuban Partagases I've smoked.

I've got a Partagas 150 (non-Cuban) sitting in my humidor right now that a friend gave to ma a couple years ago for Christmas. I have a feeling it's going to be the best cigar I've ever smoked. You can tell a difference between a $5 cigar and a $2 one. The Partagas 150 is something like $15 I think (but I could be wrong).

Originally posted by lyonsd
I've only had a Cuban once. It was a Partagas and I got it in France when I visited there a couple years ago.

It was good, but didn't seem much stronger than the non-Cuban Partagases I've smoked.

I've got a Partagas 150 (non-Cuban) sitting in my humidor right now that a friend gave to ma a couple years ago for Christmas. I have a feeling it's going to be the best cigar I've ever smoked. You can tell a difference between a $5 cigar and a $2 one. The Partagas 150 is something like $15 I think (but I could be wrong).

I've never been able to! I've had 25 dollar ones and I still come back to my dollar stogies:)

I bet you folks that inhale cigars, also drink Woolite when you run out of Gin. :D ;)

Anyone try Candelas out there?

I like mild cigars and was gonna try the Fuente brand candela wrapper. :)

Originally posted by salvageV6
I bet you folks that inhale cigars, also drink Woolite when you run out of Gin. :D ;)

Anyone try Candelas out there?

I like mild cigars and was gonna try the Fuente brand candela wrapper. :)

Woolites the 'delicate' drink. Now some of those Sakes, that's harsh!