Chrome removal hurt the value?

bradofflorida

I have an 87 Turbo T, solid roof, dig dash, buckets, black with lots of chrome, including the stainless plates at the bottom of the doors. It is time for a repaint. Does anyone think that removing all the chrome when I have it painted will hurt the value?
I am not trying to make a fake GN, I will not be putting any emblems on, will be saving all the old chrome parts, and of course leaving the build sticker in the trunk.

By the way, just put on 4 front wheels off the 89 GTA. They look great and fit is fine.

Brad:

Not really sure of the value questions, but generally people like to buy these in more of a stock looking condition and modify, tweak from there.

Bottom line is that your car is probably more rare with the bright trim package.

My 87T has the bright trim and I plan to keep it that way. For one it is how the "General" made it originally and secondly no one expects a "granny" looking Regal to blow them away! :)

In the end.... it is your car. Do what makes you happy!

HTH

Joel

Here is my opionion

I bought an 87 t a few months back. For a long time i wanted one with the black out package until i saw this one. After thinking it over i decided to buy it. The first reason is because of the rarity of the 87 turbo t. Only 1500 something made that year verses 20,000 grand nationals that all look the same. The next reason is because in my opinion the chrome holds up much better than the blackout package. The blackout package likes to fade and chip and is harder to replace if anything happend to it. It is much easier to find the chrome parts. However it is your car an you need to do what makes you happy. I just think that a black turbo t with the chrome package even on the doors is an extremely rare find and would stand out anywhere. It would show the meaning of driving fast with class.